Oklahoma Tornados

by Bob_NC 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

I was listening to the horrible news about the tornado damage in Oklahoma, and especially about the elementary school that collapsed and the kids that are feared to be trapped. So this 72 year-old man was interviewed. He said he wasn't afraid and had told his wife that the Lord would protect them. The storm blew parts of his house away but the bathroom where he and his were was spared. So this man says that the Lord protected them and that his trust is in the Lord and not in possessions.

Does anyone else see the total nonsense in this thinking? The Lord spares him and his wife but not others. Why? Who does he think himself to be that the Lord performs selective protection but otherwise lets the storm kill and harm everything in its path? This man has to see that his neighborhood is blown to smithereens. But the Lord was with them? Where and how? I'd like to pull his tongue out and tie it in a knot.

• Este
    Este

But the Lord was with them? Where and how?

How would you know where GOD acts and does not act? Is GOD to blame for the severe weather? Truly in The Kingdom of GOD this devastation would never occur....

Estephan

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

Este, It is the arrogance of "See me. I am fine. The Lord protecteth me and mine."

But let us say that GOD acted in this man's behalf. Very good indeed. What does that tell us about a GOD that lets the storm rage on most and protects a few here and there?

• Este
    Este

But let us say that GOD acted in this man's behalf. Very good indeed. What does that tell us about a GOD that lets the storm rage on most and protects a few here and there?

Yes I understand. How many Christians were there in the devastation? Did it mean that this man had more faith than the others? GOD can only intervene to an extent in mans affairs, as we currently have free will. This man believed that GOD saved him, so let him be if he feels this way. There is no harm done....

11 I returned to see* under the sun that the swift do not have the race,+ nor the mighty ones the battle,+ nor do the wise also have the food,*+ nor do the understanding ones also have the riches,+ nor do even those having knowledge have the favor;+ because time and unforeseen occurrence befall them all.

Estephan

• Brother of the Hawk
    Brother of the Hawk

First of all, it is common knowledge in a tornado if you do not have a basement to retreat to, then the next safest place is in a interior room, which is usually the bathroom. second of all, faith has nothing to do with this, this man, I guarantee you was not the only person praying, and since the Bible says "God is not partial" so while was God is saving this man, the authorities are now recovering dead bodies in the collapsed school. I can assure these children were also praying!!! Apparently God cannot be in two places at once. People who make such statements, truly do not know God!!! Which is a very selfish and conceded statement. He had his few minuites of fame and what does he do, grab all attention for himself. Seen it a thousand times.

Affectionately: Brother of the Hawk ( I will surrender my mind no more, forever )

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

I agree with Este. Taken in the context that the man was greatful that he and his wife came through unharmed, where is the harm in allowing him to think that God was protecting him? Maybe He was.

Would you rather that he didn't have that "freedom of speech?" The knife cuts both ways...liberals included.

In America, it's still legal to believe in God and to exercise your right to express such beliefs.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

BotH, with that tornado in Moore, OK, if you were not underground, and in the path, you were not going to survive.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I bet the tornado will be spun (pardon the expression) as a sign that the end is near.

Rub a Dub

• Este
    Este

I bet the tornado will be spun (pardon the expression) as a sign that the end is near.

Rub a Dub

We are in the time of the end regardless......

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

God's a murderous pedophiliac dickhead who doesn't deserve our notice much less our worship.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit