Oklahoma Tornados

by Bob_NC 13 Replies latest jw friends

• williamhconley
    williamhconley

The bathtub saved him not God. We humans are so desperate for hope and belief that a supreme being watches over us that we invent stupid reasonings.

A poet once said: "If God didn't exist, we'd have to invent him". Maybe we already did.

Maybe Einstein was right by stating that he believed in an intelligent creator but not a Personal God.

Moses, Abraham, Isaac, Jesus, Paul and many others had (according to the Bible) God speak directly to them and show them signs heck even giving them power to perform miracles. They believed. Why did God grant them thos signs for them to believe yet we dont get to have that? Does God expect us to believe as they did yet we see no clear direct evidence that God cares about us?

Many will say God speaks to us trough his word. Yet his word is NOT clear. If the Bibles message was clear, there wouldnt be 10,000 different christian religions running around saying they have the correct understanding.

William H. Conley

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

And if his wife had been killed, he would have said something along the lines that God "called her home." Gotta have his cake and eat it too.

When I hear people on the news say their "guardian angel" protected them from a disaster, I often think about their neighbors that may not have been as lucky.

I wonder if they resent the arrogance of their god-loving neighbor claiming to have special protection from God. I would.

Guardian angels, my ass.

• sir82
    sir82
    GOD can only intervene to an extent in mans affairs

So God is limited then? There are things he cannot do?

Or is it that he chooses to intervene in some cases and not to intervene in others?

It's either mean, or arbitrary, or he's not much of a God. Your choice.

• jws
    jws

Isaiah 45: 5 I am the Lord , and there is no other; apart from me there is no God. I will strengthen you, though you have not acknowledged me, 6 so that from the rising of the sun to the place of its setting people may know there is none besides me. I am the Lord , and there is no other. 7 I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the Lord , do all these things.

We have god to blame for disasters. Why did god send the tornados in the first place? Did the elementary school kids need punishing? Did they tease some bald-headed guy?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit