Advice on Getting My Novel Published

by Quendi 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

If you truly want it to be all right, pay for a professional editor. Ask for samples of their work.

There must be a host of internet forums devoted to this subject. Also, why not check out publishers' web sites to see what they require. There are also writers' guilds that must have presence on the internet.

The problem with randomly sending it to friends is you don't their experience or the quality of their work. Of course, paying someone doesn't insure quality, either. I routinely edit my professional work but I would NEVER say that I am an editor.

• Quendi
    Quendi

Between writing Magic Squared and starting a tutoring business, it looks like I will have a busy summer! I will look into what you have said about paying an editor, BOTR as well as the other suggestions you have made. Thank you as well, talesin, for your offer to proofread. I will take you up on it.

Just to give a little more information about the story, I have decided on an unusual setting for it. The time will be a thousand years ago and the place will be the Four Corners region of the United States. The Four Corners is the only place in this country where four states’ borders coincide. Those states are Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico and Utah.

A great Native American civilization flourished there a millennium ago. Once called the Anasazi, they are now known as the Ancient Puebloans. I have traveled in this region before and seen some ruins at Bandelier National Monument in New Mexico as well as Canyon de Chelly in Arizona. I want to get down to Mesa Verde National Park in Colorado and take in other sites throughout the area next summer to conduct additional research.

Quendi

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

BOTR: The problem with randomly sending it to friends is you don't [know] their experience or the quality of their work.

Besides the fact that your conclusion doesn't follow, you've apparently missed that at least of couple of us that have volunteered are professional writers and at least two of us have experience as editors.

Quendi does know the quality of our work.

• Terry
    Terry

NATHAN NATAS can answer your questions. He has had several books published.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit