'Give me one reason I shouldn't be a JW.'

by Ephanyminitas 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

"You know it involves a psychological lobotomy, right?"

• LDH
    LDH

Flower:

OUTSTANDING argument! "Prove it to me out of literature that is NEUTRAL and I'll believe it!

WOW!

You have really made some progress, girl.

Lisa

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

"They don't have a dental plan."

Slipnslidemaster:"I worked very hard and I earned all the attention I'm getting."
    - Anna Kournikova

Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America

• rhett
    rhett

Hey, if they want to go join a cult, who am I to stop them?

• badboy
    badboy

Because they say absolute B******* about sheep haven always beeen domesticed,etc etc

• trevor
    trevor

Reading this thread, brought to mind the scriptural warning made by Jesus in his sermon on the mount:

“Beware of false prophets, men who come to you dressed up as sheep while underneath they are savage wolves. You will recognise them by the fruits they bear.” (Matthew 7:15,16 – NE)

Whether this scripture can be applied to the Watchtower Society depends on what kind of fruit they have produced. Have the prophecies made by them ripened or turned bad? Have those that received the Society’s fruit been satisfied or disappointed?

The Watchtower Society state that, thousands of people have listened to their message with belief. In view of their record of failed prophecies, do these same people still listen with belief? Those who listened with belief and helped to proclaim the warning were threatened with excommunication if they ever dared to question the Society’s “truths” which they have referred to as “unquestionable certainties.”

• rhett
    rhett

After thinking about it some I came to the conclusion that this arguement is quite faulty and makes me think this person would actually fit in quite well as a JW. They don't want to think about something deeply but just want to have everything nice and neat without any real depth to it. If you're going to be that lazy mentally I actually think the person wanting that one reason should go into the cult because they'll really fit in quite well.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: 'Give me one reason I shouldn't be a JW.'

The religion will destroy your perfectly good brain cells, that's why.

Farkel

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Now you all listen to old uncle Farkel boys and girls, 'cos that what happened to me (an' i did't 'av too much cranium cells to begun wit)

sin surley resurfacing jehovah, unclebruce

PS: Personally i see nothing wrong with someone becoming a JW. Particularly if they're an obnoxious like shit with nothing positive to offer the world. ("go forth and pioneer yourself to the brink of exasperation" i say .. In my dotage i've taken to cursing my cyber enemas with "aw go get yerself baptised .. fer farks sake!")

PSS: Nice Lobo scar little toe ;) While we're all here comparing watchtower scars .. it's not the removal of brain tissue that hurt me as much as the pile of crap they stitched back in it's place .. had to remove that gunk the hard way, one loaded word and sick warped concept at a time .. ouch

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit