'Give me one reason I shouldn't be a JW.'

by Ephanyminitas 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Adonai438
    Adonai438

Because they are wrong.
    Sorta simple as that!
    If one truly loves and cares about Jehovah/Yahweh then they need to follow him and not a society or organization. The society disallows personal Bible study so a JWs faith isn't really their own. I want a faith that has proof and isn't blind. I want a God that isn't afraid of his own book! The true Yahweh is not afraid of each person searching for themself the truth. Each person personally is accountable for their own choices and can't rely on the hope that If they are (and they are) wrong then it's the Governing Body that'll take all the blame. They are making a choice what to follow and if they are wrong then they personally will pay the eternal consequences.
    It's not about me personally being 'right', it's about an honest care for God and his word. If you read the Bible an honest person will see the JWs are misled and wrong.

• butalbee
    butalbee

"No free will"

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

"By their fruits you shall know them".

The fruits of the WTBTS have been protection of pedophiles, refusing to extend charity to any who are not within the BOrg, shunning of those who simply disagree with their doctrines, lack of love within the congregations..... And the list goes on. The fruits, all in all, are pretty rotten.

• ros
    ros

Before I would respond to their question, I would first ask them why they believe the religion. People become Jehovah's Witnesses for different reasons. It would do no good to respond to them with MY reasons for not believing it. You would better be able to respond if you know THEIR reasons for believing it.

For example, if they said they believe the Watchtower position about 1914, I would respond by refuting that. If they said they believed in the promise of living through Armageddon to a paradise earth, I would respond to that. If they said it was about the Name, I would respond to that. If they said they believed Jehovah's Witnesses were the most loving people, I would respond to that. Etc.

Ros
    "A religion that teaches lies cannot be true"--The Watchtower, 12/1/91 pg. 7

• neyank
    neyank

Everyone has given good answers to that question.

As JT said, the WTS does use two sets of scales.
    One for them and one for other religions.

If I was asked that question I would have to answer:

Are you really willing to give control of your life to a group of people that keeps changing their mind on what the truth is?

And of course I would have to give an example to what I mean by that.
    People have died BECAUSE of the WTSs' changing teachings.

Oh? You ask for an example of that?
    The WTS has taught that it was wrong to have an organ transplant.
    People have died because they refused to have one.

A few years later, the WTS said it was ok to have an organ transplant.
    Now can you imagine if you had a child that needed an organ transplant back then and you refused to let them have one because the WTS said no.
    And your child died because of it.

Later on the WTS changes their mind on that teaching.
    And now says it's ok to have one.

OOOPS! To late for your child or any other loved one.

This is the kind of proof the WTS has to prove they are Gods chosen orginization?

They have caused NEEDLESS deaths.

No. They have proven themselves to be just like any other religion if not worse.

neyank

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

They view the WTS publications as having equal authority to the Bible.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

• bigfloppydog
    bigfloppydog

Everyone should have freedom of choice, before you jump into becoming a witness, some advice is to really think it over. Do you want to become part of someting, that will eventually control every aspect of your life. You will find there, your people who have their own clicks,
    and if you aren't part of that then you are out. How do you feel about hypocrisy, shunning, celebrations, sex etc. all these things change. If you have or eventually get married and have children, even their lives are different. Just take a close look and check it all out. If you do decide this is what you truly want, then all the best to you. "Happiness is not having others tell you how to live your life. A when to do, how to do, and what to do situation." I was young, naive and really belived it was true, then I matured more and when I realized what was going on, it was a real blow to my emotional
    well-being. I lost the company of many loved ones, is this the price one is willing to take? I don't mean to sound harsh, but many of us here have experienced many difficult situations in leaving, once we where in the org. and at a great loss. The best to you.

• SYN
    SYN

"Give me one reason why I shouldn't be a JW"

Answer:
    "You enjoy freedom of thought, right?"

I'm sure glad we don't vote anymore like we did before we got the truth. Now we get to complain about everything ALL the politicians do!
    [SYN], UADA - Unseen Apostate Directorate, Africa

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

When I was a witness, I would have applauded the likes of Yadirf (though even then, I thought someone like You Know would have been coming on much too strong.)

I would simply show your hypothetical friend the writings of the "faithful" JW's that post here, and warn him that he is in danger of becoming just that judgemental and unimaginative.

When I finally realized that that was happening to me, I left.

Gently Feral

• Bang
    Bang

Teejay,
    I thought I should point out that the Pope isn't a descendant of Russell, and doesn't even say so.

Bang

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit