British zone visit from David Splane - a report from the special meeting in Glasgow

by slimboyfat 82 Replies latest jw friends

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

They most likely will not get their turn in a court house. Imagine a world where no new JW converts were present and dubs left in drones.

• Quendi
    Quendi

All this talk about what Governing Body 2.0 will do when their day of reckoning finally comes reminds me of an old joke from the days when the U.S.S.R. was a going concern.

The new General-Secretary sat down at his desk on the day after the funeral of his predecessor. In the main drawer he found three envelopes which had been left by the former Secretary-General. One was marked, “Open when you face your first crisis.” Another read, “Open when you face your second crisis.” The third said, “Open when you are facing your third crisis.”

Some time passed and in due course the first crisis arrived. The General Secretary opened the first envelope and read a note which simply said: “Blame me and carry on.” The Secretary took this advice and weathered that political storm. When he faced a graver second crisis, he opened the indicated envelope and read: “Blame me and the Americans and carry on.” He did so and successfully fended off another disaster.

Finally, there came a third emergency which was even worse than the previous two. With both hope and fear, he opened the third envelope. Its message read: “Prepare three envelopes.” It is my sincere hope that the Governing Body will have a similar experience with the big difference being that they will have no successor.

Quendi

• Moses Unedited
    Moses Unedited

DOC quoting me:

Twenty years from now, there is going to be large numbers of people who begin to wake up and realize just how wrong the GB’s stance was on college. Being stuck in exhausting, low paying work with little satisfaction and few options - while still waiting on Jehovah - will move people to begin to seriously question the “wisdom” that they put their faith in.

DOC’s follow-up comments:

Twenty years from now my @$$!!!!!!!!!!

That is not some future development -- it is reality today!

Yes, very true; but if you read my entire post, you’ll see that I alluded to Witnesses presently going back to college due to the difficulty of not having enough education. I had also alluded to people in their 50’s and 60’s having very difficult times right now due to never attending college. Twenty years from now will merely be another generation of JWs suffering the same fate.

If I may, I've taken the liberties of including a link to the Sylvan Learning Center’s programs on reading comprehension:

http://tutoring.sylvanlearning.com/reading_tutoring_programs.cfm

If that one doesn't work, I've also been generous enough to include a link to material on “Reading Comprehension Tips for Dummies”:

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/asvab-reading-comprehension-tips.html

Though not as robust as Sylvan’s programs, the Dummies manner of presentation may be more appropriate

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit