ambition is not a dirty word

by snare&racket 22 Replies latest jw friends

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

I can't decide if it is based on jealousy, class or The Watchtower. That shameful cult turned the word ambition into a dirty word. It made the idea of self reliance and self worth a tainted thing. Reasoning by one's own mind is dangerous according to them, yet to me now, that is the most dangerous belief they have ! The WT society shot down anyone with qualifications and authority as "nobles" that could not be trusted, apart from their self appointed positions of course, which are to never be questioned.

It sought to blacken anyone that wanted to develop as a human being into someone hungry to make money out of an evil world, whish is supposedly sinking like a ship. The irony being of course, that they have so many dirty little finges in so many dirty little pies, right in the middle of that evil world. Stocks, shares and property, advisors and market analysts, wrenching out dollars for WT out of this 'evil' world also.

Every analogy, every ounce of description and emotive metaphor is negative and tarnished when discussing ambition, growth, development, pursuit of happiness and dreams, in the pages of the Watchtower. I can't help but think WT has made such activity as higher education and career pursuit, selfish and a snobbish prospect.

I have just sat the worst exams of my life and the pleasure of having got through them is euphoric itself, knowing that only the people that sat them with me will ever understand what it took to take them. The pleasure of finishing them and feeling the relief of having not cracked under their weight. The pleasure of waking up the next day after 9 and a half months preperation and taking a walk that feels more enjoyable and care free than any walk any human being has ever taken.... Looking inside onself and getting a little sentimental, a little emotional, due to the achievment and success of working harder than you believed a human could work. Testing your metal to the last degree and coming through the other side. That is the reward of ambition. It is very personal, it treads on nobody, it looks down on nobody, it just makes us look up....

Snare

• cofty
    cofty

Brilliant post Snare.

Well done on completing your exams. The great thing is that many people will benefit because you had the ambition to achieve.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Thanks Cofty,

6 years in, one year to go. But I recognise now more than ever, the value of achieving a goal. It is very powerful. It is empowering.

How dare they deny such human endavour from their followers. It is so sad.

Snare x

• ballistic
    ballistic

Yes, the biggest conspiracy is true, the one not mentioned very often, the rotten core of money moving through world markets and investments, trying desperately to retain it's value both at times of growth and most notably in a sinking market, and the modern day slavery of the global market, that's where the Watchtower money is too, courtesy of JP Morgan. Some of us know, Watchtower. ;)

• still thinking
    still thinking

Well done snare...

The best way to control people is to keep them ignorant. It's not surprising that they don't want people to educate themselves or feel good about themselves is it? It keeps them needy and malleable.

• zeb
    zeb

Enjoyed the same when I finished college being the oldest by far in the class. well done and what did you study?

• Adam Believed
    Adam Believed

So true how words or phrases become dirty according to the watchtower. I recall many years ago a CO gave a talk and he made the point that we really shouldn't say "take it easy." He siad this phrase encourages a "worldy" attitude of laziness and selfishness. So, you can't be ambitious and you can't take it easy or you will get labled as having a "wordly" attitude.

• stillin
    stillin

For every action there's an equal and opposite reaction.

Whatever advancement a person makes is advancement that somebody else won't make. Sad, but true. But we can go through life with or without a heart.hopefully as you make your way successful in this world, you will remember those who helped you along the way.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

My father summed up JW ambition thusly: "If everyone in the world was JW, we'd still be living in caves."

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Well done Snare. Well done! (((((((((((((((BigCongratulatoryHugs4You)))))))))))))))))))

and 3 Gold Stars

And wishing you a happy and relaxing summer.

Just Lois

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit