Bethelites - What Were Some of Your Favorite Meals At Bethel?

by LoisLane looking for Superman 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

I ate at Brooklyn Bethel twice, 23 years apart. Both times it was fried pork chops, mash potatoes and apple sauce.

Just Lois

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

Their fried chicken was pretty good.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

They had liver and onions on the day that I was invited to eat lunch at Bethel. It was so gross. Of all the different foods that are on this Earth, they had to serve one of the meals that I hate the most. As if the gagging Spiritual Food I had to endure most of my life weren't enough. I should have considered the liver meal an Omen, tucked tail, and ran in the opposite direction as fast as my legs could carry me, but instead I sent them a letter of appreciation for my tour and meal along with a contribution for the "Worldwide Work".x2

• amos77
    amos77

The only favourite meal was fried corn fritters for breakfast made by Joy Madzay. Excellent apple pie by Madge Dunham. Dear Lady. I still make the fritters. The worst were donated Jerusalem artichokes for a soup (sludge). Must have been all off as were the donated peanuts, tasted of fungus.

• SadElder
    SadElder

We enjoyed breakfast Saturday and Sunday mornings at Cadman Plaza restaurant. Pancakes and real bacon and fried eggs and on Sunday the Times and Daily News.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

apparently in the UK the most popular day for food at Bethel was Sunday evening as they always had chips/French fries on the menu

• ssn587
    ssn587

Lois Lane you have a PM

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Last time we visited it was a vegetarian dinner night.

Beans.

Would have hated being around that next day.

Doc

• blondie
    blondie

The Cadman Plaza, I remember eating there several times

I loved when strawberries in season back in the days the WTS grew them.

Homemade yogurt and ice cream when they still had a dairy.

Most Bethelites looked at the menu and skipped liver day.

There was a mexican meal, tostadas?, that were improved when I brought sour cream to my table.

I ate there several times from 1971 to 1995. Meals were pretty good over all. I liked chicken too even back in the day the WTS raised their own and the Bethel family had to help butchering them.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I visited Bethel once and had liver and onions, I thought it was good. But I like organ meat.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit