'Changes That Disturb People' Awake 4/22/70

by ISP 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Norm
    Norm

Hi ISP,

Hey Norm........you posted that 10 yrs ago?! You got a good memory, man!.......(and we are glad you have)

Best

ISP

No, I wrote it 10 years ago in Norwegian, a few years later I translated it to English and posted it on H2O. As Osarsif pointed out aove you can find it on his site. Many of my others rants from H2O is also at his site.

All the best,

Norm

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Hey Folks,

From the perspective of a life long Catholic, this change was NOT so dramatic. The position of the Church, understood by most Catholic laity was that this was a matter of Discipline not Doctrine. Fridays are still considered days of Penance by the church and the faithful are encouraged to find their own form of penance, be it abstaining from meat, or some other form of self denial. The sin was not in eating the meat itself, but in the intention, usually based in willful disobedience to the Church...still, this brings to mind one of my favorite cartoons from the time this change was made. It shows two demons in hell in front of some of the damned, one devil says to the other, "So what do we do with all the Catholics who are here for eating meat on Fridays?" I LOVE that cartoon.

Just my humble Opinion

Yeru

YERUSALYIM
    God is truth, and light his shadow.

Plato

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit