I think I've planted a seed!

by OneDayillBeFree 38 Replies latest jw experiences

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

You are amazing! Well played, I hope you get both your parents out of the Borg. Way to go.

• Zordino
    Zordino

Think about it.

I Like that expression "Family Wakeup Night." I think I'm gona start a FWN Night myself.

• OneDayillBeFree
    OneDayillBeFree

Thanks for the imput guys! I agree, I'm just gonna give them their space, I wont bring it up until the next FWN. And my mother's been through some very bad personal things at the moment so I'm going extra easy on her right now, It's my dad that I'm trying to focus on at the moment.

Family Wakeup Night!

Hahaha I love that term. I'm so using it now!

OneDayillBeFree

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Wow! You did good.

• ragnarok75
    ragnarok75

Very,very intereresting!!

Good for you,let us know if something more comes out of this.

• steve2
    steve2

Man, you sounded way more stimulating than the Watchtower DVDs that put your father to sleep and has your mother on the phone.

All power to your ability to gently raise these very important things.

Your Mom sounds more curious than your father, but she's easily startled and overwhelmed. Your Dad sounds like he'd like to find out more but he's clearly anxious about where it could lead.

Hey, if I'd spent the greater part of my life following bullsh*t, I'd probably want to proceed very, very carefully. The last thing I'd want would be for the sh*t to hit the fan.

You sound like a damn good son - and very respectful of where your parents are "at".

If anyone can help them open their eyes, it would be you.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Great job of helping your parents to critically think OneDayillBeFree!!

Do your parents know how to use Google to search for information about the WTBTS? You did great asking your father to use his WTBTS's references to confirm what he read on Wikipedia. How would your parents react to reading the information in the following link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Development_of_Jehovah%27s_Witnesses_doctrine ? You could even ask them about who was Raymond Franz at the end of the Wiki article.

Best of wishes helping to awaken both your parents at nearly the same time to think critically for themselves.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Gayle
    Gayle

wow,,awesome how you handled that,,very natural,,hopefully it sparks something deep in your dad.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Experiences you won't hear at the assembly...Seriously though, nice moves man!

I would just let your dad stew on the information for a while and see if he brings it up again, or his behavior changes. I think there is a good chance after he ponders it, he will probably suppress his feelings about it all, because he doesn't want to harm you, and your moms faith. I did exactly this when I first found out, and suppressed it because I felt overwhelming responsibility for my wife. If that happens, you might want to look for an opportunity to make a statement that let's him plainly know how you personaly feel about the TTATT, which will make it easier for him not to bury the real truth to maintain an illusion.

• Badfish
    Badfish

What a great topic for "FWN!" The history of "Jehovah's Organization."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit