I think I've planted a seed!

by OneDayillBeFree 38 Replies latest jw experiences

• OneDayillBeFree
    OneDayillBeFree

I could be wrong, but I can't help but be a bit optimistic.Last night my parents and I had our "Family worship night". I hate it, and I believe my mother does too. My dad only does it because he's an elder but last night even he was acting like he didnt want to do it.

So we sat down in the living room and just stared at each other for a while. No bibles, no watchtower, no nothing. The past couple "FWN" (short for family worship night) we spent watching the dvd's that the borg has done. They are so boring that my dad falls asleep not even half way thru and my mom just ends up on her phone. I'm the only one that actively pays attention now because I've "awaken" and it's fun to spot the brainwashing in the videos. Well, not really fun but interesting more or less. Whenever we watched a DVD about the beginning of the org, I would slip little comments like "oh I read somewhere in an old watchtower that Russell used to be considered the faithful and discreet slave and that there wasnt a GB until the 70's!" To which my parents would just be like "oh really? I didnt know that."

So this time we had nothing to do. We had run out of ideas, and DVD's. So then my dad brought up the July study edition WT about the new light and I told him that in reality it was pretty old light since it had come out about 6 months before. My dad didnt really beleive me which made me smile. They really dont listen at the conventions... AND THEY'RE ELDERS! I even told him there was a video on jw.org for a while about the annual meeting in 2012 when the new light was revealed. Again he didnt believe me. So I told him to google it and he did but found nothing.

Then I turned on the TV (and btw its a huge 75in tv so it was hard to miss what was being shown on there), connected the the internet, went on youtube and easily found the video. My parents were amazed that it was so easy to find JW material online like that! haha

After watching the video my parents had a very puzzling look on their faces. They were confused. So I then explained it to them. But they still couldnt grasp the idea that the annointed and the great cloud were now one and the same. So then once the video finished their was another video with Russell's face on it and my mom wanted to see it but my dad said we better not.

So I decided to google Charles taze russell. Then went to images. Then went to gravesite, didnt even have to scroll down to see the giant pyramid on Russells grave, complete with the cross and WTBTS on it. I wish I could've taken a picture of the expressions on their faces! Priceless. Oh and I was acting like this was the first time I was seeing this too.Then as I continued to scroll, a picture of rutherford poped up. And my mom again said she wanted to see it. This time my dad didnt refuse, so I clicked it. And it took me to his wiki page. BOY DID THEY ALMOST SH!T THEMSELVES. As we were reading the info on Rutherford's life in California my mom got an important phone call so she left. But my dad stayed.

That's when my dad found out about Beth Sarim for the first time in his life. AND IT WAS AMAZING! He couldnt believe it. How the house was built for the prophets who were supposed to ressurrect in 1935 and then how he was known to be a drunk. Then millions now living will never die was originally, wait for it... LITERAL!

He didn't believe it even though wikipedia was citing from the orgs publications! But then I told him that normally wikipedia puts its sources at the bottom of the page and that it would be a good idea to search to see if what we were reading was true or not (me acting like a skeptic). So my dad quickly went to his personal library filled with books from the 70's and 80's that the org published and brought them down to the living room with him. He was flipping thru the pages so fast. He really wanted to believe that it wasnt true. AND GUESS WHAT??

IT WAS THERE! IN THE BOOK THAT HE WAS HOLDING, THE WORDS THAT HE WAS READING WERE THE EXACT SAME AS WHAT WAS ON THE TV SCREEN!

Then he said "this is so strange. I had no idea of this. I can't believe it!"

Then my mother comes back not looking so great and asks, "what'd I miss?" I was getting ready to reply when my dad said "you're not gonna believe this..." and went on explaining what we had just discovered. After reading more from the borgs publications and the internet, she said "I don't want to see this anymore. I'm afraid it'll stumble me." Then I said, "but it's not a lie, and it's not apostate. It's in the publications right there in front of you!" Then she said, "I just don't want to think about that right now, I've got so much other problems to deal with at the moment, (and she does) I'll investigate this more later. Just not now." My dad continued trying to show her more proof of things like russells symbols on his finished mystery books and how the WT had actually written about beth sarim and its actual purpose.

But I respected my mothers opinion. So I told her, "I understand mom. You do have a lot going on, you don't need to see this now, when you feel better, we'll look at it again." She thanked me and went off to bed.

But me and my dad stayed. I turned off the TV and me and my dad spoke about the amazing discovery we had just made about our beloved religion's past. He said, "I mean c'mon! Really? They actually believed in this? It's ridiculous!" I replied, "I know right? But... if we lived back then, we'd actually have to believe in it and accept it as divine truth from Jehovah himself, right?" "Well I dont think I'd believe that nonesense!" he responed.

It was getting late and my dad decided to make some coffee, and just sat on the table with the WT's and old books open, thinking. In silence. After much thought I decided to leave him with a question. I said "alright dad I'm gonna call it a night." And he said okay, but then before I left I said, "it's funny really, if the organization hid those things from us in the past, I wonder if they'd do it again in the present..."

I havent seen him today, been in and out and they have their meeting tonight, but I wonder how he's taking all this new "old" information.Do you think this could help them wake up? I hope it does but regardless on whether they do or not, I'm still going to leave. It would just be so great if it did happen.

OneDayillBeFree

• OneDayillBeFree
    OneDayillBeFree

Man this is long. I didn't even notice. Sorry for the long read. I hope the paragraphs show up correctly, I'm typing on my phone.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

A seed? Damn you planted 50 acres of corn and wheat!

Nice job.

So sad to see your mom's reaction. I've seen that myself, its the REAL TRUTH staring at them six inches from their face, and they simply cannot take it. They withdraw immediately and try to force it out of their brains like it never happened..

• crmsicl
    crmsicl

I read it. It's good. Keep us posted.

• new22day
    new22day

Awesome story! You've come up with a great way to bring some fun to FWN.

• 3dogs1husband
    3dogs1husband

yeeehaw!!!!! wtg!!!

• Think About It
    Think About It

You may have started a new JW meeting.......Family Wakeup Night.

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

Well played! Now please allow this to marinate for a few days in your Dad's head. Take this VERY slowly. He may talk to others at the hall about what he has discovered, and they may sway or intimidate him. Old light, new light crap.Wait on the organization. (Most would call it covering their butts!)

Remember, this is the way of life your parents know, and you may just be rocking their world.No one likes to have beliefs they have held dear suddenly shown to be false. Baby steps. Please have other small questions ready for the next family night. I think your father just may do some investigating of his own. Please do NOT let them know you already know the truth any time soon. If you are patient, and play your cards well, you may all leave together!

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

now, back way off and let them make the next move. You don't want them to get nervous right now, your mother is already a little nervous about it. You are one sharp cookie!

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

OneDayI'llBeFree ...

High 5. Wow! You did a Great Job!

Keep us posted.

Just Lois

PS...I'm so proud of you. Hugs to you and I hope your Mom is better soon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit