What would you tell someone who wants to become a JW?

by slimboyfat 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Are people usually told about shunning before baptism, or is this one of the little gold nuggets you find out about later?

Do most new members who are shunned end up leaving?

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

"Are people usually told about shunning before baptism, or is this one of the little gold nuggets you find out about later?"

One of my best friends was baptized at the age of 20 and DA'd at 34. He had NO IDEA of the shunning rule until well after his baptism. He was made aware of it by an elder after he conversed ever so briefly with a disfellowshipped person prior to the start of a thursday night meeting. Yes siree......they hide that nugget until you are already on the hook

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Disfellowshipping is included in the questions before baptism. It was explained in some detail as I recall.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I would express my confidence that they are an intelligent person and if something doesn't seem quite right in Dodge, they'll get out of there.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Gee I didn't know you got dropped on your head as a baby. Sorry Dude.

Just Lois

• Zordino
  • moshe
    moshe

" I hope your kids will like washing windows for a living"

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

If someone wants to become a dub, it's probably already too late to reason with him.

If he wanted to chat, I'd answer his questions, but I don't think I'd actively try to dissuade him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit