Do You Fear Death?

by Cold Steel 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jen2013
    Jen2013

http://youtu.be/uOdg77jlo_k

George Carlin on death. He makes me laugh.

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

Cold Steel: " Whether you're a former JW, or active JW, or some other religion, or atheist, what do you say? Do you fear death and, whether yes, no, or I don't know, why? Have changed religious views changed your view of death?

I don't fear being dead. Why? 'Cause I don't. The dying part -- not so thrilled about that.

Cold Steel: Also, for those who have left, do you still believe the soul sleeping doctrine taught by many Adventist sects? "

Don't know what that is, but it doesn't sound like anything I'd put any stock in.

Cold Steel: " Jehovah's Witnesses so casually refer to eternity in Paradise that it makes me wonder if they really can conceptualize what eternity really is. "

I posted a thread about that very topic about two months ago --

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/246250/1/Living-Forever-on-a-Paradise-Earth

• 5go
    5go

Yes as a human being I fear death and the unknown. Quite normal.

• EntirelyPossible
  • d
    d

I do not fear death all it is a state of nonexistance similar to when I was born.

• d
    d

Just think where were you before you came into Existance? So naturally you will go back into that state.

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

I don't fear death, I have already faced it several times in the past and survived. My only hope is that when I do go, that first my children are already grown and on their own, and second, I don't get clobbered, that would involve a whole lot of pain. lol Me and pain don't get along very well.

• Twitch
    Twitch

The pain of death, sure.

But not existing anymore, no.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Not much.

S

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

I don't fear death, I am just pissed off that I was told I would never die and because of that, wasted valuable years of my life. My kids won't have that misfortune.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit