After 4 years..JWs knock on my door.

by Tylinbrando 25 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• stillin
    stillin

The congregation elders have their hands full cataloging sex offenders in their midst. They are reaching back many years and anything remotely resembling pedophilia is being reported. They may have been genuinely moved to find an actual case of a victim. They are people, too. Good for you to not go overboard with your expressions.

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

Stillin, to whom are these overwhelming cases of sex abuse being "reported" by congregation Elders? The JW Headquarters or law enforcement?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

WHY NO BOOK BAGS OR BIBLES????

Nothing new. I used to carry mags in my jacket pocket

• Sol Reform
    Sol Reform

Warning! Facebook Can Ruin Your Case

http://www.northcarolinapersonalinjurylawyerblog.com/2013/05/warning-facebook-can-ruin-your.html?

Your Posts Can Make Or Break Your Case

While your posts may seem harmless at the time, they can make or break your personal injury case. Recently, Courts have decided that the social media profiles of the parties to a legal action may be discoverable evidence, and that a person's social media profiles can be requested by an opposing attorney as long as the profile and its contents are relevant to the legal action.

What this means for you is that a defense lawyer has the right to ask to see your social media profiles and to examine the contents of those profiles up to and including any posts, messages, and pictures that are deemed to be relevant to your case.

Relevancy is interpreted broadly, and it is likely that any posts, pictures, or messages that
    are located on your profile will be discoverable, meaning that the information will be able to be seen by defense lawyers and possibly a jury once your case goes to trial.

It is the defense lawyer's goal to portray the Plaintiff in a bad light and often times they will use any means necessary in order to do so. However, there are certain steps that you can take to avoid having your social media profiles negatively affect the outcome of your case. Following these easy tips will prevent any harmful post-injury information posted on your profile from becoming a tool that the defense can use against you.

"Privacy" Is Not A Valid Objection

When you join Facebook or other media sharing site, you are agreeing that your information is not private, even with the use of privacy settings. As a Facebook or other social media user, you are actively making information about yourself available on websites intended to be shared by other users. Even "non-public" sections of your profile will likely be discoverable as Courts favor a broad interpretation of what is relevant, and to conclude otherwise would excuse a plaintiff that tried to obscure information from self-imposed privacy settings.

Tips
    -After you are injured or involved in an accident, freeze your account activity and change your privacy settings so that only you can post information to your profile and only friends may see your profile, this prevents anyone from posting to your accounts after the accident has occurred and also will prevent the general public from being able to access your profile from an internet search.

-Do not post anything regarding the injuries that you have sustained, how you are feeling, or any activities that you are doing, this includes "private messages" to friends, family, or co-workers.

-Do not post ANY pictures to your accounts following your injury as these pictures will be discoverable and may be used against you to show activity levels, your mood, or the extent of your injuries.

-Do not delete any old pictures or posts as this will look suspicious to defense lawyers. If deemed relevant, this information can and will still be found as it is backed up on the social media sites servers and by tampering with the information after your accident or injury you will raise suspicion as to why the post or pictures were deleted.

Following these four easy tips may prevent any post-injury information posted to your social media profiles from negatively affecting your case. Remember even though the information you post may seem private to you, once it is posted on the internet it no longer remains private and can be used against you.

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

Thank you Sol Reform for the timely information.

My facebook profile is public and I have nothing to hide. I have logged and filed all Internet postings concerning this case.

While your post moves to instill caution and even some fear of expose, my facebook profile has been integral from day one to compel law enforcement and media to move towards prosecution. It was also instrumental in dispensing the Felony Fugitive Warrant and bringing the alleged abuser's apprehension and incarceration. I was warned early on by law enforcement about how and when to use social media and since have done extensive research on exactly what and how the information could be used by both sides of prosecution.

I welcome any Defense Attorney to use any information I have distributed on the WWW about my daughter's sexual abuser. If I find they have missed anything I will gladly provide it for them.

I am also fully aware that WT is monitoring every bit of information and detail they can glean from my activity. I encourage them to dig as deep as they can.

We are prepared. We are assertive. We are confident.

Far too many children have suffered. It is time for change.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Given the fact that it took 4 years to reach you is a strong indictment against their means of preaching. They have the responsibility of saving lives and are not doing a very good job.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

I think your response was appropriate, but can you imagine how blown away they must have been? JW's expect objections and are rehearsed at overcoming them, but nothing could have prepared them for this. It must have pulled the rug out from under thier whole day.

The tearful response shows me that once again, it's not the individual Witness I have a problem with. What's appalling to me, is the lack of information the typical JW (myself included) is aware of regarding the background of the organization they center their lives around and how little they know about those who are leading it.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi Tylinbrando, You did great! You were respectful, honest, and compassionate - everything a JW elder would not be.

I wish the best to/for your daughter, your family, your daughter's litigation, and helping to expose the WTBTS's policies about child molestation/abuse and shunning.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

" Why are the words that came out of my mouth the only ones I could muster? "

Because you are nice. You could have destroyed them, but you did not. You are a decent person.

• mind blown
    mind blown

Ty..Wow....what self control! They're lucky you didn't punch one of them in the jaw!! BAM...#!@%&!

What you said was pretty damning....and it made an effect I also wish the best to you and your daughter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit