I'm not DF or DA, but I still get shunned...

by darthfader 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• darthfader
    darthfader

I met a couple I used to know many years ago (probably 20) in a local "big box" store. I knew they looked familiar and since they were dressed up and it was Saturday "mid day" I put two and two and two and came up with 666... They were JW's. I didn't say anything to them just minded my business picking up supplies when the woman came over to me and started asking me if she new me from work or some company. I said no, and her husbands spoke up and said "Yeah, he's Darth Fader from the old Foo Bar congregation..." And she went on "yeah, what congregation do you go to..." I said I haven't been for a long long time. They immediately dropped their stuff and hurriedly left the aisle without speaking to me to determine my status or encourage me.... It's like I had the plague or was a zombie desirous of eating their precious spiritual brains...

Ugh.. So tired of the games...

• cantleave
    cantleave

Feel the love childish games..

• Comatose
    Comatose

That's so stupid. Like merely being near you would cause leprosy. Even if you were DFd that is dumb behavior. I can say I never treated DFd people like that at any point in my life. In a store I said hi or nodded. I didn't carry on a big conversation but I didn't act like those nuts either.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

You have cooties!

• Satanus
    Satanus

Which cong is the standard question for status checking. Instead of answering, a person ask 'what planet are you from?' It would shatter their jw mentality, i would think. Maybe get a laugh. Anyway, by refusing to answer the scripted question, its a refusal of playing their game.

S

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

Embrace the power over mere humans.

• stillin
    stillin

They were probably just playing it safe in case you happened to be DF'd or DA. I get that some, too, like people just don't have much to say to me since I became inactive. I guess I'm not much good to them now. They used to be able to compare themselves to me, but I'm not playing anymore.

• stillin
    stillin

They were probably just playing it safe in case you happened to be DF'd or DA. I get that some, too, like people just don't have much to say to me since I became inactive. I guess I'm not much good to them now. They used to be able to compare themselves to me, but I'm not playing anymore.

wierd, double post.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

According to an official statement by the Watchtower's attorney recently, shunning is a "myth".

You must be mistaken. JWs would never act that way. Afterall, this is "the most loving organization on earth today".

Watchtower said it...so it must be true.

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

I could actually use that statement if you have a link or referrence, ADCMS. ;)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit