What to say if JW tells you the big A is coming very soon, Jehovah's day will come here like a thief? etc..

by Iamallcool 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

I like Terry's topic about Noah's Day not being Armageddon enough. I will probably talk about that to make them think. I am open to other suggestions too. I do not want to ring any apostate bells.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Tell them it was a spiritual war long over and Jesus won it and that's why the crime rate is going down and people are living longer.

• KatyMomof2
    KatyMomof2

I just tell my mom this " If God didn't show up when Hitler was here, he's not going to show up just because Obama is in office"

I mean really, how bad does it have to get for some God to save us all?

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

An elder in our congregation just used that on me a few months ago. I told him that I had been told that for 49 years now, i went thru the 1975 fiasco, I ain't buying it anymore.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Since Jesus said "No man knows the day or the hour" how can we know when it is near ,please Mr JW ?

• Heaven
    Heaven

"I am 49 years old. I've been listening to 'Armageddon is coming soon' for my entire life. If I told you, 49 years ago, that I was coming to your house soon, and 49 years passed and I never showed up at your house, would you still believe I'm coming over soon?"

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

If Armageddon is a real event and God is planning a paradise for mankind where imperfect people like me will grow to perfecton and truly wicked people such as Hitler and Ted Bundy won't be allowed in, I don't see any reason I shouldn't be a part of it too.

If you think there is some reason I shouldn't be there too, you need to stop judging me and you need to be certiain the information you are spreading about God and his plans is accurate and true and won't be changed and revised as it has been in the past. You need to know the past history of the Organization you belong to and see if their prophesies have held up over time. Otherwise your warnings to the public about an impending doom could become like the "boy who cried wolf" and no one will listen to them and in fact may turn away from God because of your misleading information.

Let he that is standing beware he doesn't fall.

• Ding
    Ding

You might point out to them that he must be mistaken.

Brother Russell taught that Armageddon started in 1914: "The present great war in Europe is the Armageddon of the scriptures."

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I'd take their hand, lean in close while looking them straight in the eye, and while patting their hand say "Of course it's coming honey, of course it is".

• fresh prince of ohio
    fresh prince of ohio

I would ask them how exactly they expect armageddon to go down. Like, will there be fireballs reigning down from the sky? Giant cracks opening up in the earth that everybody except JWs fall into? Or will all of the sudden, in a blink of an eye, everybody except faithful JWs will just die instantly?

Most JWs compartmentalize armageddon. It's this fantasy of theirs that they don't think about in real world terms; just a vague notion that this big end is coming, and the thought stops there. Because to continue the thought is really disturbing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit