Are you a new viewer of this forum?

by punkofnice 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jaidubdub
    Jaidubdub

For me it wasn't so much their teachings as I always found meetings & assemblies boring & my mind always drifted, but enjoyed the social aspect. Back then, if a teaching had changed I wouldn't of really taken much notice cause i never really listened to what they were saying.

Even though I was hardly attending meetings & witnessing had been non existent for a while at the time, it was more the treatment I received frm so called super-spitual dubs (inluding family) that made me think something was very wrong. They ignored my need for help. in fact at that point, it was over 10 years since i recieved a shepparding call. I literally felt like they had tossed me in the gutter. Ironically I came across this site while googling the JW site to download the latest study mag as I was visiting a friends cong. It's only been thru this site that I realised the inconsistencies in WT teachings. Every time I come on here I see another teaching that I was lied to about. It's been very overwhelming knowing, as a 3rd generation born-in, I have been lied to all my life!!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Jaidubdub - You have my sympathy. I was raised in the filthy disgusting cult too. I spent 50 years being lied to...being controlled.

I pray for the day the Governing Body og Jehovah's Witnesses(R) are given the death penalty for crimes against humanity. If they're stuck for someone to pull the 'on' switch on the electric chairs I WILL do it! It would be my only satisfaction in life to take their lives for what they've put amny through. They deserve the most severe punishment imaginable.................then we go after the Scientologist leaders!

The congregation of Jehovah's witnesses(R) is a very depressing place to be. I've seen how CO's and above are just bullies.....obviously copying their graven image the GB!

• Jomavrick
    Jomavrick

It's like walking into a comfortable bar. You can usually find some interesting conversation, sometimes zesty, sometimes funny a lot of good people here with a few turds.

• *lost*
    *lost*

They are a Satanic cult, now we have the evidence to prove it, we can now disprove everything they are saying,with evidence they cannot argue with.

If they choose to ignore it, well, they deserve everything they get. their sins have massed clear up to heaven.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

*lost* - Easier said than done methinks.

When I was a JDub I was confronted with evidence that the WBT$ was inherrantly evil but my mind was conditioned to not see it. Not because I didn't want to but because I was so convinced I had the 'truth(R)' that 'evidence' could have been tampered with......or I'd need to wait on Jehovah(TM).

I feel sorry for my family trapped in that hellhole.

Evidence means nothing to a JW due to the 'mind cleansing(TM)'! (Brainwashing)

• cantleave
    cantleave

Lost, I hate to say this, but unless somebody is ready to wake up they won't. Cognitive dissonance is a very powerful psychological defense mechanism.

Keep on learning, keep an open mind, do what you can to help others, but don't expect miracles.

• Jaidubdub
    Jaidubdub

Punkofnice - thank you. This religion is the reason why our family is so dysfunctional... But at least the blinkers have fallen off & I can see it or what it is... It's also comforting to know thatppl on here understand what it's like.... I have so much I wish I cld share on here but I have chosen not to as i am doing the slow fade... I have already lost too much...

• Jen2013
    Jen2013

Yes hello, I am new and I am German. And I don't like watchtowers. Watchtowers remind me of people imprisoning and killing people. No, I don't like the Watchtower.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Nice to have you with us Jen. Thanks for commenting.

Watchtower = prison. Yes I fully agree.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit