Are you a new viewer of this forum?

by punkofnice 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

*lost* - It's too expensive to live here now-a-days. Especially as it's only me getting any real money to support me and my 2 sons. Benefits are of little or no use as I'm working.

No. Never lived abroad but I have invented my own ideal place in my head........a bit like 'Ambrosia' in Billy Liar.

Seraphim - I had belief once I left the watchtower scam. However, on thinking about the real issues in life and receiving no help from a higher power in my darkest need, I no longer believe in god or Jesus.

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

Marking to reply to Punk.

• *lost*
    *lost*

Would you both take a look at my post YHWH v YVHV and give me your thoughts.

I'm a believer. But a logical sane believer.

PUNK I suggest you start watching the world nes channels m8

it like it everywhere now. trust me, you have no idea how much better off you are that you are in the UK - i speak from experience. Your in paradise.

ASDA - oh how i miss you asda, lol.

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

Well punkofface I think that if a God exists (which I do of course) then he judges, if judging is the right word, not on our intellectual pathways and choices but on the inner intentions or internal integrity. I imagine you have that in abundance, so I respect your views and you as a person more importantly. In terms of help from a higher power without placing a God label on it, I have had that. Its source was not intellectually clear but it was not a natural or scientifically explainable thing either but that is a long story.

• bigmac
    bigmac

good thread punk

hey lost--ive bumped the thread "ex jw UK" for you --or any other new UK ites-- to see.

• *lost*
    *lost*

BIGMAC i will have to leave it till later, up to my eyeballs here in researching.

Seraphim - we have been decieved and lied to about God - truly. Please look at my other thread YHVH

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

I agree Lost, we have including me, I was a JW as well, but the philosophical reasons for a God are still there. Human cultural traditions and evolved belief systems are one thing but reality outside human tradition is another.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

bigmac - thanks lad.

seraphim - After being a christian once I left the WBT$ I finally saw that there was no god ala religion. No Jesus. No allah. Naff all.

It's nice to have a faith in something bigger and more helpful and that we'll survive death................we won't. Just because life seems hopeless and once we're dead that's it! snuffed out of existance forever, never to return.............doesn't mean that false hope is better. I deal with reality.....as harsh as it is.....at least it's real.

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

Well if reality is the issue then infinity has to be taken into account because we are here talking about it. If it is intellectually unassailable that nothing comes from nothing then something has always been. It doesn’t have to be God of course but it does involve infinity which is not intellectually assailable. That’s my way of saying all bets are off when it comes to certainty, the afterlife and much else as well.

• *lost*
    *lost*

We have to go back to the Hebrews for the right information. the original, before corruption.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit