HA! Take that Watchtower! One less Borg for you!!!!!

by Gojira_101 107 Replies latest jw friends

• Gayle
    Gayle

I hope you have copies of your file with all that research. I'd like a copy if you do. Wow, how great you were so prepared!

• Comatose
    Comatose

Although ive faded and am out, I didn't know about Jehovah and the NWT as you mention. The last thirty minutes on jwfacts have been mind numbing. Thanks and congrats.

• Ding
    Ding

Kudos for being able to get through to her, but I'm puzzled by her.

You said:

My friend has been studing with the JW's on and off for about 11-12 years I think...I then explained that I'm an apostate according to WT and she can't talk to me. She didn't even know what an apostate is.

How could she have been studying for 11-12 years and not know what the WT says an apostate is and that they must be shunned?

They warn JWs constantly about not exposing themselves to apostate literature or apostate thinking.

They mention it multiple times in every Watchtower and at every assembly.

How could she miss all that?

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

Now THAT's the kind of "field service" that should be reported and published. It takes courage to face a dub (or nearly dub in this case) and risk ridicule and rejection in order to tell them the truth.

Even if your friend decides to stay with the dubs, you've done as much as anyone possibly could to convince her of her error, Gojira.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Good work!!!

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

She has told me everytime I see her that she can't wait for Jehovah to end this evil world

The problem with this thinking is, if a person is longing for the end of this world they're never doing anything meaningful with their life now. They see little reason to make something of their time here and now or of making the world a better place. It's usually when they're on their deathbed the person realizes the were suckered and they start considering all the "could'ves" and "should'ves" that passed them by.

Ding: How could she have been studying for 11-12 years and not know what the WT says an apostate is and that they must be shunned?

They warn JWs constantly about not exposing themselves to apostate literature or apostate thinking.

They mention it multiple times in every Watchtower and at every assembly.

How could she miss all that?

That's exactly what I was thinking. Of course, this makes her perfect Dub Material- knows nothing of the Org's history and has no real understanding of current teachings either. I am astounded at how little most newly baptized JWs know about even the basics. They know nothing but make the comittment anyway. Amazing.

I hope she's more diligent in learning TTATT than she's been in studying with JWs.

You did a good job, Gojira. Hopefully your words will help her to think in a better, more critical way.

• cofty
    cofty

Well done!

• Diest
    Diest

That makes you an evangalist. Please send your time card into brother Outlaw so Muttley can complie the anti-witnessing report. Fee free to mark your friend down as a study.

• Gojira_101
    Gojira_101

Thank you for the nice compliments. The best way for us to understand how to reach out to people is we have to understand and study WT and know where all their flaws are...WT fails on EVERY level!!! I'm glad the things I mentioned to the few of you were able to help you :)

To answer Ding and ADCMS: My friend is deaf and the "literature" the WT translates into ASL isn't what we see in the English printed publications. Like I told my friend, she has only seen a small part of the WTBT$, and that small part she knows for the most part "sounds right," but the bigger picture with WT is full of lies and deceptions

The Watchtower lit I showed her, she had never seen before. I'm not sure when the WTBT$ started making the ASL dvd's and lit for deaf people but it was around 2000 and conveniently for WTBT$ they never translated the old WT lit into ASL. I've gone to the ASL cong. and it's only the recent stuff they translate into ASL, and guess what? They have NO English lit for the deaf, at least from what I saw.

Of course if someone is studying for 11-12 years on and off it's very possible a deaf person doesn't see or know about the apostates. WTBT$ I believe is keeping the deaf and other foreign language groups in the dark by not providing the old lit...in my opinion the old lit is what damages WTBT$ the most, so why are they going to translate the old lit for a foreign language?

Watchtower keeps everyone in the dark, and it's worse for someone who speaks a different language.

Gojira

• carla
    carla

Awesome!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit