HA! Take that Watchtower! One less Borg for you!!!!!

by Gojira_101 107 Replies latest jw friends

• Gojira_101
    Gojira_101

Last week a friend of mine contacted me out of the blue asking if we could have lunch together. My friend has been studing with the JW's on and off for about 11-12 years I think. She has told me everytime I see her that she can't wait for Jehovah to end this evil world...she can't wait for the new system...the end is so close....etc.

I sent her a message back telling her that I left the JW's and asked her if she had heard that. She hadn't which is a good thing I guess. But I asked if she was baptized yet because if she was she can't talk to me and had to shun me. Thank God she hasn't taken the plunge yet! So told me she would never shun me, but she wanted to be baptized soon because the end is so close. She asked me why I said she should shun me...I then explained that I'm an apostate according to WT and she can't talk to me. She didn't even know what an apostate is. She asked me why I left and I said there are many reasons why but the JW are a cult.

Next thing she asks me is if we can meet for lunch so I can tell her in person. I then asked her if I can show her some thing, she agreed, but then she says "yes you can show me but I will always serve Jehovah and I will be baptized because the end is so close."

Now fast forward to yesterday.

In the beginning it was just the normal chit chat and she is the one who brought up me leaving the JW's. I was very calm about it, never once did I attack them directly and I used their own literature against them. She asked me why I left and what it was that caused me to start researching WT and I showed her the reasoning book under cross and then the left out info from the Emperical bible dictionary...she could see how WT misquoted but it still was like no big deal for her. I then switched to shunning. I had her read the info from the lastest WT and she said she disagreed with that policy. I looked her in the face and very seriously I said "If you disagree with this and you talk to me, you will be df'ed. If you get baptized and your kids don't accept the "truth" and you continue to talk to them, you will be df'ed." She then said again she will not shun her kids and every time she did I said but if you are baptized you will be df'ed. I think by about the 3rd or 4th time of me saying that she started to get it.

Next I asked her if she thought I was mentally diseased and she laughed at me, but I made her answer and she said no. I then showed her the info about apostates and what WT thinks about us who have left.....and of course one of the things I had her read was where it says all apostates are against Jehovah. She then asked me if I still believe in Jehovah. I do have to say this whole time talk to her I never used the name Jehovah, I always said God. This was perfect because I had a WT in my file explaining where the name Jehovah is from...so I pulled it out she read it.

"The Divine name in later times." 1980 WT Feb 1st Pg 11-13. Is the article I'm refering to. She asked me if this was true what the WT was saying. I then pulled out a "worldly source" that bascially said the same thing as the WT. She physcially looked sick. She then asked me what God's name is, unfortuneatly I had to tell her I wasn't done with explaining about Yah-Hovah. I had the info from the Strongs Concordance explaining the meanings of the name. At this point she looked like she was about to throw up because realized who she has been serving and worshiping all these years. She started crying a little bit.

The totally time we were talking was 4 hours and 20 minutes. I can't remember everything we talked about, but she asked me so many questions....I do remmeber too we talked about the end being so close and I had info on that too. For those who saw my post yesterday before our lunch that is the info I was looking for. All the false prophacies WT has made saying the end is just right there...again she looked sick.

I also explained to her how WT has changed the policy on blood transfusions over the years and she was shocked to see how now blood fractions are okay.

So she actually asked if I could make copies of all the info I had with me and I just let her have my whole file.

I feel that I broke through the mind control of the JW's and here are my reasonings.

1) after I showed her from the WT where they themseles admitted that Jehovah is not God's name she stopped trying to defend WT and she just listneded.

2) she phsyically looked like she was going to be sick, that is the same look my husband had on his face when my parents told us TTATT.

3) She then started asking me questions about WT doctrine asking me if it was true or not.

4) She wanted to show her friend who is a born in JW the stuff I had.

These all are the things I felt and did when I learned TTATT.

I also warned her several times to get her emotions in control and to learn as much as possbile about how WT is wrong before she talks to anyone. I told her to keep quiet and I also told her the avgerage JW will not listen because it is apostacy.

Just before we left she said she wants to find out more about this "Russel" guy who started the WT.

I'm very please with how things went yesterday, I'm actually shocked with how well it went.

Oh one last thing I just remembered that I showed her. I showed her how the NWT is a wrong translation. I showed her the scripture where is says "anyone calling on the name of Jehovah will be saved" Thankfully my parents had the old WT bible diaglot that has the oringinal greek with the English translation...that same verse says "anyone calling on the name of LORD (Jesus) will be saved" After that everytime I used the NWT to show her a scripture she had a disgusted look on her face and many times she said "I don't want to use a bible printed by a religion"

5) she didn't want to use the NWT anymore.

That was my experience.

Gojira

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Wow - way to go, Gojira!

"This Russell guy?" LOL! How the mighty have fallen.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Well done G!

I only hope the elders don't come to 'encourage(TM)' your friend and lock her into the mind control again. She has a lot of years of 'mind cleansing(TM)' to get rid of.

Let us know how it goes.

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

way to to! ya know what is amazing? This - "She asked me why I said she should shun me...I then explained that I'm an apostate according to WT and she can't talk to me. She didn't even know what an apostate is."

Yet she still qualifies for baptism! you don't need to know our rules or understand our teachings.....you just need to take the plunge so we can control you!

• Giordano
    Giordano

Excellant!

• JeffJ
    JeffJ

That is great Gojira. You really went into this prepared. The sad part is it just reminds me of how little most of us knew about the religion before baptism. I was baptized in '87 and didn't realize until you just mentioned it that the WT had admitted where the name came from just a few years prior to my studying with them.

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Proud of you Sweetie. Keep up the good work!

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

You did great!!!

• Brokeback Watchtower
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

Go Gojira Go!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit