Let's start a gift circle. Who's game?

by LDH 22 Replies latest jw friends

• LDH
    LDH

I read the post where Princess sent Mr. and Mrs. Ozzie goodies to enjoy.

Now THAT is a great idea. I confess, I was working on my Christmas cards when I broke my foot, and with the baby I just didn't get to send any out this year. So YES I'm feeling a bit guilty.

SOOOO perhaps we could start a gift circle? It doesn't have to be anything expensive, maybe we should limit it to US $15 to make sure everyone could participate. I'm sure international shipping would run at least another $15 per small parcel, so that would amount to around $30 if we do the international thing.

It could be something particular to your country or state, just a token of friendship from friends we haven't met yet.

Anyone have any suggestions? Myself, I have a box of stuff I need to send to Simon and Ang than I've been collecting for the boys. I get this is the reminder I need to get it sent.

Lisa

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

whhooo kinda like a secret Santa kinda thing??? or will we know who we get????

I'm game!!!! I tried this with Anna a few months back and I sent her Godiva, but never got my Tim Tams ohh well.

Vennie

"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, and dance like no one is watching!!!"

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Okay, I'm in. Just let me know what to do.

• bigboi
    bigboi

I'm in. Oh, I don't mean to be picky or nuthin, but I absolutely hate mail bombs. Please, if u send me somthin, don't send any of those.

ONE....

bigboi

• Xena
    Xena

Sounds fun...I wouldn't be able to do anything till next month as I am moving this month..but I would like to know more about it!

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

I AM game to == next month is MOMMY day....I think snail mail addys should be exchanged privately....

• rhett
    rhett

Well, seeing as how I ran the Christmas card address exchange last year I suppose I could do something like that again for this. Personally, I'm cheap so I'll take myself out of the running but would be more than happy to cordinate it (though I wouldn't mind any kind gifts for the effort. ) Or, for all that, my gift could be running it for everyone. Here's my idea.
    If you want to be in on it send me your snail mail address. If you all would like I could throw a website together with the addresses on there. Everyone has to have their addresses in and agree to send something to someone by a certain date. Once that date comes I'll come up with some arbitrary way to assign a secret shopper (hey, its not christmas and can't be a secret santa so it has to be something) and will email each person and tell them to shop for a specific person and give them their address. Once you get your gift email me and tell me what it is and I'll throw all the information up on the site. After everyone has their stuff I'll also make a page telling who the secret shopper was for each person.
    Sound good? Shoot me any ideas or questions and if there's enough interest I'll throw something together.

Back down the bullies to the back of the bus
    Its time for them to be scared of us

• COMF
    COMF

How do you send something to a locked email, rhett?

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

I'm up for it.

• TheStar
    TheStar

Count me in!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit