A New Video - Helping kids get ready for service

by sosoconfused 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

They are starting to realize they need to grab onto and hold the younger ones. As we know, JWs have the lowest rate of retention of "born-ins" of any religion in the United States.

As young JWs mature and reach adulthood, 2/3rds are waking-up and walking out the door. Of course the GB COULD always change their beliefs, policies and practices in a way that doesn't actually drive their youth away, but they just can't help themselves: Control-freaks gotta' control.

So they do what comes naturally, look for ways to control and manipulate at a younger age.

This is really sick!

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

I was half-expecting Sophia to launch into a kind of Dora the Explorer 'Backpack song.'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-RTXdy6eIU

Overall rating:

Service was never fun.

• cult classic
    cult classic

That's a cryin' shame!

• GonzoX
    GonzoX

Wait till they come out with a video on what to do if molested by an elder/ministerial/CO/DO/GB member servant.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Oubliette, you don't want to lighten up. What would you rather have, 100 kids who are slackers, or 40 dedicated employees?

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

ADCMS: What would a JW do without a WT publication to present?

Was I like the only JW who went out with just a Bible and some tracts? I thought we were meant to be telling folks about the Bible, so I always had my presentation from the Bible, unless I felt really lazy and felt like 'magazining'.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

BARF!!!!!!!

• moshe
    moshe

I think the reality for these kids is more like this--

They will go through the motions of doing service, but their minds are someplace else.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
  • Steve_C
    Steve_C

Billy, that was my childhood to a T. Ugh, I shudder thinking about it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit