How do you react when you happen upon the name jehovah

by jean-luc picard 24 Replies latest jw friends

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

Whenever I here that name, maybe in conversation with someone who doesnt know my past, I feel anger welling up instantly inside me.

If there were a jw in sight, I think I could give him a jolly good shaking.

Just hearing THAT name does things to me.

Jesus = love

Jehovah = hate, selfishness, divisiveness, and domineering manipulation.

So much for jdubs "honoring " his name. He's sure got a bad reputation based on how they live their lives.

• bigmac
    bigmac

means no more to me than mickey mouse or batman. all fictional characters.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

sadly that is like you said the jws doing, there are many songs that use the name "jehovah" and many churches, the church i go to uses the name jehovah or yhwh alot, even in there hym book theres songs about jehovah.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

my eyes roll in my head - even if not literally.

• mP
    mP

@jean

Jesus is love of tax. he goes on and on abotu paying tax and says nothing abut the evils of slavery or inequality for women. He was about as loving as a taliban man loves his wife and westeners.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Both joke-hova and its false son Jesus are scum. Jesus is nothing more to me than a means to extort concessions for non-existent "sins", designed to enslave the human race and prevent anyone from learning the real truth. Joke-hova is nothing more than a tyrant, hating mankind and sending a special people with the task of making things miserable for, and then wiping out, everyone else. Tyrant David personifies joke-hova, and I have never seen more vitriolic hatred toward outsiders in anyone than I have in Tyrant David (and joke-hova).

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Similar to WTWizard, I think "Joke-hova" or maybe "Jerk-hovah" initially. But I don't think much better when a die-hard Christian mentions their deity. It just fades out quicker if its not "Jehovah" that is said.

Not so much anymore, but it makes me think of the mind-numbing sessions at the Hall when I hear it.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

wtwizard: do you just copy and paste, because it seems every post you have is about the same, (jokevoha or lie ble) etc.. im sorry you seem to have such anger towards god.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

Personally I can't stand the name and constant repetition of it. If I had to hear some reference to the 'almighty', God, Jesus, or 'The Lord' would be much preferable. When I hear 'Jehovah' I think of a drunken, overweight scumbag from Missouri sending his followers to be physically assaulted in order to gain publicity for his rebranding of his usurped and rapidly fading Bible Student Russellite movement.

• flipper
    flipper

When I happen upon the name " Jehovah " I just turn the next page to something else realizing it's just a name that a mind control cult took to identify itself . I mean, it could have been " The WT Society and Association of Jehovah's Witnesses " and it would have been more accurate. Just a cult name man, just a cult name

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit