Governing Body - Consulting Demons?

by The Searcher 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Watkins
    Watkins

Rutherford once said, before he had to start hating him, that 'Pastor Russell was in the heavens still overseeing the work' --- words to that effect.

Now how do you know that, Joe, just how does that work? Does he, uhh...umm, talk to you?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I thought communicating with the dead was forbidden in the bible ?

• cantleave
    cantleave

I wonder if any of those 24 elders were women whilst on Earth?

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

cantleave: " I wonder if any of those 24 elders were women whilst on Earth? "

Heaven forbid! Literally! Instruction from women? Those shriveled-up geezers in Brooklyn would rather chew aluminum foil than admit that possibility.

The gb is about two steps away from the medieval debate about whether women even had souls.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

When the Governing Body claims it is "spirit led," they're saying that in the decisions they're making and the doctrines they're interpreting, they're being led without any overt means of communication. In other words, they may think they're making the decisions, but God is really behind it. And they may think they're interpreting scripture themselves, but it's really Jehovah. In other words, He uses them to bring about His purposes. That's why they don't feel they need to see or talk to God or an angel to know that they represent God. It's very similar to how the Pope thinks he works.

"I saw nothing! I heard nothing! It has to be of God, for I could not have done it myself!"

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I can see them telling the world that angels minister to them. They know the truth. More compelling humans have wondered about their inate goofy humanity/ Why not this bunch?

Perhaps that is the disorder in a nut shell. A Hitler reference may be appropriate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit