Governing Body - Consulting Demons?

by The Searcher 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

As a serving Witness, I am not foolhardy enough to ask elders this question, because their 'Praetorian guard' instincts would kick in, and I would be treated as an anti-Christ.

w07 1/1 p. 28 par. 11- "It seems that resurrected ones of the 24-elders group may be involved in the communicating of divine truths today. "

My question is simply based on this 'inspired' 'spiritual food at the proper time'; Please put a little meat on the bone and tell all 7+ million of us, how do receive these "divine truths" from spirit creatures whom you cannot identify?

(1 Corinthians 6:5) I am speaking to move YOU to shame. Is it true that there is not one wise man among YOU. . .

• designs
    designs

Religious persons mistake the normal process of the mind to 'produce' whole ideas as coming from not the mind but God or God's messangers.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

According to Watchtower, Watchower's Governing Body is instructed by angels of the Lord who convey thoughts to their minds.

See the second image (reference number 11) in the article Watchtower’s Enlightenment available at: http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com/2011/06/watchtowers-enlightenment-and-then.html

Yes. Once upon a time Watchtower actually said the words.

Oh, and before that one person inside Watchtower’s top leadership said his mind had been under demonical control.

See the article Under “demonical control” available at: http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com/2011/04/under-demonical-control.html

Yes. Once upon a time Watchtower actually said those words, too.

You can’t make this stuff up folks. Reality is more bizarre than fantasy!

Marvin Shilmer

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

I was immediately reminded of Gal 1:8 (had to search for the verse): "However, even if we or an angel out of heaven were to declare to YOU as good news something beyond what we declared to YOU as good news, let him be accursed."

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

They talk to Smurfs.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

From the looks of things they go to the babbling homeless man under Brooklyn bridge and ask him for new doctrines and policies. One thing is for sure, they are not communicating with intelligent people....

maybe some aliens are having a laugh with them.

"hey Zorg, tell them about that time you went to Brooklyn and persuaded that old fella that aluminium was evil.... He he he, o Zorg you are such a bastard! Didnt you once tell that same guy that pyramids were magical... He he he, everyone knows thats where we park our ships..."

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

The alien story is more plausible than demons, IMO.

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

They make it up as they go. As science reveals new, uncomfortable (to religion) information, the gb repackages their doctrine and do away with objections by calling it new light.

It's a high-wire balancing act. One wonders how long they will be able to manage it.

• Lied2NoMore
    Lied2NoMore

you would think at the very least dead "annointed" ones would be granted the ability to communicate with living ones serving on the governing body so that once a doctrine was established it wouldn't be changed, altered, or invalidated in any way. Would bring much credibility to the clowns or rather Governing Buffoons now seated on thrones in brooklyn

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

How shit was living with god if a third of his angels quit with the che guevara of the bible, "freeedom!"

a few thousand years later.......

"Let's throw some books around and turn on some taps..."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit