U.N turning on Religion...sounds like those nutjob survivalists...never happen!!

by Witness 007 44 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

*Lost*

Isaiah foretells the end of non-Yahweh worship in chapter 2. The time setting is:

(Isaiah 2:1, 2) . . .The thing that Isaiah the son of A′moz visioned concerning Judah and Jerusalem: 2 And it must occur in the final part of the days . . .

And after describing the establishing and elevating of Yahweh's worship, the prophecy foretells:

(Isaiah 2:18-21) . . .And the valueless gods themselves will pass away completely. 19 And people will enter into the caves of the rocks and into the holes of the dust because of the dreadfulness of Jehovah and from his splendid superiority, when he rises up for the earth to suffer shocks. 20 In that day the earthling man will throw his worthless gods of silver and his valueless gods of gold that they had made for him to bow before to the shrewmice and to the bats, 21 in order to enter into the holes in the rocks and into the clefts of the crags, because of the dreadfulness of Jehovah and from his splendid superiority, when he rises up for the earth to suffer shocks.

This prophecy describes and end to non-Yahweh worship when Yahweh 'rises up for the earth to suffer shocks.' The "worthless gods" disappear first.

A number of scriptures also describe Yahweh's intention of judging his own wayward people first:

Jer 25:29; Ezekiel 9:6; Amos 3:1, 2; Romans 2:8, 9; 1 Pet 4:7

The combined weight of these coincides with the idea that "the great city" of Revelation 16:19a pictures professed Christianity, and 'Babylon the Great' of 16:19c the rest of religion. These are the first two entities judged when the "great earthquake" of Revelation 16:18 takes place.

The final 'King of the North's' movements also coincide with this order of events. In Daniel 11:44 he 'hears disturbing reports (note plural) out of the East and out of the North and goes forth in a rage to devote [the objects of his rage] to destruction.' With Syria as the point of view for this king, East, in the context, points to "Edom, Moab, and Ammon, neighbors of the promised land. And North points to Babylon. In effect, Daniel 11:44 foretells the same thing as Revelation 16:19. His last movement after this is into the promised land where he meets his end.

Interesting that it doesn't seem to be the King of the North's original intention to cause the destruction that he does. Rather, he reacts negatively to the "reports" that he hears. For Babylon in Revelation 16:19c, this makes sense if 'the falling of the cities of the nations' in 19b is traceable to "Babylon the Great." And thus, the "great rage" of the King of the North compares well with Rev 17:16 - "these will hate the harlot."

There is also an interesting historical comparison with 1st century Jerusalem. Josephus reports that Nero went into a rage after he heard how the Jews handed Cestius Gallus a defeat in 66 AD. This caused Nero to enlist Vespasian for the purpose of destroying the Jews and making an example out of them. So, in effect, Nero 'heard a report out of the East and went forth "in a great rage in order to annihilate and to devote many to destruction." See Josephus quote here [especially the first paragraph]. Note also that it wasn't Nero's original intention, with Cestius Gallus, to destroy the Jews. He was simply trying to quell the uprising. But unexpected events suddenly turned the situation into a serious judgment for the Jews.

Take Care *Lost*

• *lost*
    *lost*

Thank you so much Bc for your help, truly appreciated.

I know some of us probably over-think things, lol, got to keep at it until it sits right in the mind. then it loses it's - how do I say, pull ?

Yes good point about king of north .

x

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Just a quick thought on an old thread.

What if ...

The "earthquake" [greek: 'seismos', which, besides "earthquake" can also mean a shake, riot, upheaval, comotion] that splits the great city in three may refer to the endless social-military upheavals that have involved Jerusalem, resulting in it today being a "great city" split into three parts, the three so-called monotheistic religions: Judaism, Christianity, Islam?

In this case, Jerusalem would be "Babylon the Great".

Eden

• adamah
    adamah

EdenOne said-

The "earthquake" [greek: 'seismos', which, besides "earthquake" can also mean a shake, riot, upheaval, comotion] that splits the great city in three may refer to the endless social-military upheavals that have involved Jerusalem, resulting in it today being a "great city" split into three parts, the three so-called monotheistic religions: Judaism, Christianity, Islam?

What if...

Jesus was referring to the three monotheistic religions when he said, "you shall know them by their fruits"?

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

The UN only has the power its member states give it. It is silly that the United States will collapse. There is power at the US State Department. The UN provides a convenient forum. This is utter nonsense. Most member states have their own estalished religions. UN peacekeepers are nothing compared to major militaries. The member states are sovereign, not the UN.

The WT has always had isolatioist, nutty positions. I don't know why fundies do. It seems geographical. Perhaps urban areas are melting pots and foreigners are welcome. It is sad to read some of the posts here. One can leave the WT but the WT world view stays in people. Some people still live in the 1920s-1950s. The McCarthy era ended quite a while ago.

I wanted to be a UN tour guide when I was young. The only thing that annoys me about the UN is where UN diplomats park in NYC. It seems that the law has evolved even on the parking issue.

It is not a powerful organization. Americans loved it when it had few member states b/c it did what the US wanted. The State Department had to know what would happen when more member states from colonies became independent. I've met diplomats casually at church. They did not strike me as figures out of Revelation. If you read old WT, the WT take on history is comical.

Of course, I grew up when the UN was evil incarnate. I still went on tours. In fact, I was going to volunteer doing legal work for an undersecretary general that I met through social connections. Between the UN, the Rothschilds, the Illuminati, the Bildenbergers, the Federal Reserve comments, one can either walk away from this forum or just laugh. This library card excuse is so funny. As I've pointed out, NYC is library dense. People travel far to use the main research library which is free.

• jgnat
    jgnat

A buddy of mine, a retiring officer in the Canadian forces, told me that after the Rwanda fiasco, military operations are handled by NATO under UN direction. The UN was just not responsive enough to the tragedy unfolding on the ground. They're good for bureaucratic stuff, and as sort of an international conscience to keep nations in line.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Adamah,

That was very likely what he had in mind - because it holds true to any religion.

Eden

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Actually, it is also true for any kind of ideology, even atheist ideologies such as the ones of the Khmer Rouge in Cambodja.

Eden

• adamah
    adamah

EdenOne said- That was very likely what he had in mind - because it holds true to any religion.

AND

Actually, it is also true for any kind of ideology, even atheist ideologies such as the ones of the Khmer Rouge in Cambodja.

Jump to extremes much? The ability to make hasty generalizations without breaking a sweat is a common trait of JWs and ex-JWs.

But if Jesus' advice condemns EVERY religion and even EVERY ideology, then what good is so-called 'wisdom' that actually offers nothing of practical value?

'You will know them by their fruits' is a contrite saying, just as useful (or useless) as any other aphorism since it's validity is completely dependent on if it's the correct right saying to use in any given situation. Hence the person is exercising their own "flawed" moral judgment to rely on them, since there are exceptions to the principle.

The advice to 'Look before you leap' and "He who hesitates is lost" both appear in Aesop's Fables, and both are truisms, but the catch is which one does the reader use? Both suggest the opposite, and hence it's really no advice being offered at all since the reader has to decide which one applies to their situation, and Aesop wins either way, since he covered all his bases by claiming both extremes.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Interestingly, you only seem to get fussy with it when it's applied to your so cherished rationalist-atheist worldview. Just sayin' ...

And, btw, you DO know that pre-exile judaism isn't technically speaking "monotheistic", right? I would define it as "monadikotheism" ('monadikos' = unique). Errrm, no point in looking it up. I coined that expression today

Eden

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit