Would you pay $600 to see The Stones?

by littlerockguy 30 Replies latest social current

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

I can't believe the prices of concert tickets these days. The Rolling Stones is starting their tour this year in Los Angeles tonight and some of the floor tickets are as high as $600!!! They were in Little Rock back around 2005 or 2006 and the most expensive ticket back then for their show was $300. Fleetwood Mac is performing here in Little Rock tonight and I would LOVE to see them but the price of the tickets are not in my budget even though they are not expensive as the Stones. I remember back in 1998 and early 2000s I saw Elton John twice, once when he was in Little Rock and the other time he was in Memphis with Billy Joel and I remember I didn't pay over $40 for the tickets. Saw heart twice and I know I only paid around $30 or $40 something. I also saw other muscians like Keb Moe, Joan Jett, James Brown, Hootie and the Blowfish at Riverfests in Little Rock when the admission was around $10. The days of seeing good musicians at a decent price are gone.

LRG

• Dagney
    Dagney

We tried like crazy, 4 nights 2 large venues, to get tickets less than $600 a piece. Even at the moment they went on sale during the presale with 2 computers...no luck. We tried.

• sir82
    sir82

If I could somehow go back in time and catch them around 1965 or 1966, heck yeah.

Paying that kind of dough to watch senior citizens prance around and sing about teenage angst and such? Not so much.

• wasblind
    wasblind

The Rollin' Stones are more than a group. They are icons

And can demand whatever they want.

Very few groups can do that. They are GODS

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

For $600.00..

I`ll buy the CD,go for a nice meal..

Fill the truck up with gas,buy some beer..

Do some grocery shopping and still have money left over..

Mick doesn`t need My Money..

.............................. photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• Simon
    Simon

The Rolling Stones are different to other groups. There are very few mega-star acts now, most are retired or dead.

• tiki
    tiki

i was never that into the stones anyway - and mick is god-awful ugly!

but $600 - that's a really great pair of shoes or two pair, if on sale.......

and just think of all the kfc outlaw could get! he'd be crowing at dawn!

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hey Outlaw,

I jus' wanna touch the hem of his garment

Even my ol' man love the Stones

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

LOL!!@Wuz!!..

I could fill up the back of my pick up with KFC for that much money..

photo cartruckbucket.jpg

.................................... photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• new light
    new light

If I made $600 a day....yes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit