Heartwarming JW Facebook Comment

by exwhyzee 33 Replies latest jw friends

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

This Urban Legend/Anecdote was on the Facebook page of a JW who is a Facebook friend of mine. It's kind of long but tell us what you think....it was all I could do to stop myself from making a snarky comment. What would you have said.

A young couple very much wanted to have a family, but his wife could not conceive, so they decided to adopt a baby. They have been to many agencies and were told it would take several years before they could [hold] a baby in [their] arms, but if they wanted to adopt one from a foreign country, like Korea or Vietnam, they'd get a baby very soon. They were told that if they seek a child of 7 or 8 years, they could [have] one almost immediately. So they filled the request [for] a foreign child older [child]. While all this was happening, the couple was contacted from house to house by a minister of Jehovah's Witnesses. They began to study, progressed very quickly and were soon baptized. They became very active in the field service and decided to regular pioneer. Therefore, they would wait until the new system to have children. They went to the adoption agency and informed about their circumstances and told them about their desire to stop the adoption process. However, they were informed that the agency had just been notified that a little boy from Vietnam was coming to them. The agency urged them not to cancel.

With mixed emotions they went home to think about [it]. They put it in prayer to Jehovah and decided to go ahead with the adoption. They figured that since he was older and was in school most of the day, they could follow through with its plans to pioneers, and wait to see how things would go. They have prepared their home for the arrival of their new son, packed the room, brought many toys and put a copy of "My Book of Bible Stories" on the dresser. Finally the day came to bring the boy home. They showed him the kitchen and the living room. He looked so sad and silent. Then they showed him his room. He barely looked at the room full of toys, but immediately noticed the book of Bible Stories. He ran and grabbed the book and hugged it close to his chest and began to cry. When they were finally able to calm him to enable to speak, he explained to them that both his mother and her father were Jehovah's Witnesses before they were killed in Vietnam. He had been praying to Jehovah for him to be adopted by a family of Jehovah's Witnesses.

This experience was recounted in a Circuit Assembly in California. The District Superintendent concluded by saying: "Never think that Jehovah does not answer prayers, even those of a little child." Does your target seem impossible? Does your stumbling block appear immovable? Is your problem bigger than your God? Is it? Never forget that the only thing impossible for Jehovah is for Jehovah to lie; everything else, everything is possible! Encouraging experiences further increases confidence in our Creator God Jehovah.

• scotoma
    scotoma

These sorts of tales whether true or not have a very insidious bad side.

It makes everyone else think that they must be doing something wrong because they haven't been "blessed".

The "faithful and discreet slave ought to know better" and that time and unforseen circumstances befall all of us.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

Yes Scotoma that's exactly where my thoughts went,

What about the JW parent who's child died of some illness or in an accident ? Why didn't Jehovah answer their prayers begging him to save thier child.

Or what about the parents of this alleged orphan boy ? Jehovah let them die so that someone elses prayer for a child would be answered ??

How can they not see the irony when they hear these stories?

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

I heard that same story a number of years ago. Yadda - yadda - yadda.

Just because someone says something, that fits perfectly into their agenda, doesn't make it so.

At the time I heard it, I felt someone in Watch Tower Public Relations, must have stayed up all week-end, to think up that one. What was his reward? A free round trip ticket to one of their private homes in a Tourist designated area, all paid for by charitable donations.

Just Lois

• whathappened
    whathappened

This sounds like a made up story to me.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

It sounds like a fairy tale. I would ask your friend if they knew the name of the District Superintendent who told that story. Considering that the WTBTS did not list any publishers in Vietnam in the 2011 Annual Report, it would be a miracle for the DS to know the names of the JWs who found a child raised by JWs in Vietnam.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• DT
    DT

That's a pretty old story. I remember hearing it about 25 years ago. If there is any truth to it, that little boy would be an adult by now. Considering the poor retention rate of JW's, it's not unlikely that he has left the organization and is now being shunned by his adopted parents.

• valkyrie
    valkyrie

Where was the love in this child's parents' local congregation? None of the "friends" - brothers and sisters, families - who associated with the child's JW parents could be bothered to give him a new family, in familiar surroundings? His [spiritual] future was left to chance?

Of course, maybe the JW parents were inactive, or marked, or considered unfit association... which, naturally, taints the child.

• JeffT
    JeffT

I've heard similiar stories at church.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I think I heard a similar experience, except they had adopted a child that turned out to be a smurf and when they tried to take it to the meeting, it ran out and drove away in the car.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit