If you have a family, do you make it a point to provide companionship for those unmarried?

by Theocratic Sedition 36 Replies latest jw friends

• ranmac
    ranmac

Ha! Totaly. Some congregations will have special needs talks about giving too much time to single ones, and not enough to jehovah.

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz

This book has nothing to do with the book of Jeremiah .What commentary ?These morons have lost it big time .4 paragraphs talking nonsense about singles ones all based on a verse in Jeremiah that has nothing to do with offering help to single ones .What do we have to go through these days ?Can anyone stop these 9 morons in Bethel vomiting in words ?

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

THIS is from the Jeremiah book? I thought it was this week's Puke-Tower. Funny you assume its genre based on its style of specious claptrap. I remember when the books read slightly differently to a wt.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

In fairness, a Baptist classmate was forced to return to his family home in Oklaham while he waited for a security clearance for a top government job. He was always so "up" that I was jealous. He had to bat women off in New York. Well, he actually cried to me how lonely he was being single and that he despaired of evern marrying. It is not only Witnesses. Nevertheless, they want cult addicted single people in the ministry. Marriage is a bad decision. Yet there are absolutely no avenues for socialization for Jehovah's Witnesses. Countless churches minister to single people. If the church has no existing program, single people start it themselves. The loneliness is so palpable for single Witnesses.

We can not casually date. Nor can we have true familial type relationships with the opposite sex b/c it would stumble other Witnesses. The elders mindset cannot grasp friendship between men and women. It drove me crazy. You cannot believe what Jewish society does to match singles.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Band on the Run:

You are so correct about other religions (esp. Jewish) being very helpful in matching singles. But, then again, they can also be considered an ethnic group as well (don't want to digress). The point being that the JW religion is not interested in socializing, happy matrimony or getting singles together. Period.

I always felt the religion was and is all about keeping people single and miserable so they can be slaves to the religion. All one needs to do is read old stories of how marriage was viewed in bethel. Some poor guy needed permission to marry.

The religion imagines, in its audacity, that singles won't have a "life", so they would be totally dedicated to the aims of the religion. Oh, yeah? Then, to add insult to injury, the religion imagines these singles will leave them whatever monies they have.

I believe a similar principle also applies to the religion urging people not to have children "in this time of the end", etc. They are probably hoping like hell that childless couples leave money to the religion.

• BU2B
    BU2B

And at the meeting last night, they went on and on about how we wouldnt want to invite over two members of the opposite sex and play "matchmaker" this may take them away from the pioneer work.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

In my last couple of years as a single before I met my hubby my best single friend was a brother about 5,years younger than me and it pipped me so much that we couldn't just meet for coffee or see a movie together because of the Jw mindset. And now I'm married, I still consider this younger bro one of my best friends and can chat about anything. But meet with him without one of his family present? Well you know what the gossip would be. I can't even meet with old friends from work for a coffee even tho my husband couldn't care less, but someone would see me and run to the elders...you know the rest.

There's no real way to meet people except in groups. Groups are fine to a point and at a certain age, but then you grow up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit