If you have a family, do you make it a point to provide companionship for those unmarried?

by Theocratic Sedition 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Well, some of those who are single, are single for a good reason. I wouldn't invite anyone to marry some of these people. I have found some of these single people to be users, complainers, and failures. They just bring you down. Some of them.

Now the lesson in the Jerimiah book. I believe that the command given to Jerimiah 7, states that he wasn't to procure a wife, of have sons or daughters in this place. So what did Jeremiah do when he left Jerusalem? The Bible doesn't say. Jerimiah may have married in his old age. We don't know. Just like Paul, we don't know if he was married, yet, he advised against it. When I read the kind of man Paul was, I don't think I would feel comfortable in inviting him over, too.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Quarterback - Really?You are a self satisfied Elder who strongly believes in the

Watchtower Society and the Governing Bodie's authority and see them as the

"sole channel of communication between mankind and God" You have a position

of authority in a male dominated organization, and you selectively surround

yourself with socially useful and personally supportive people. Your son is in the

music industry. One son disfellowshipped? This idea: that Christianity as defined

by Jesus Christ, obligates you to render aid, like the Good samaritan you are

supposed to be; this is a concept you seem unable to even remotely grasp.

And you hang out here ? That is a disfellowshipping offense in itself.

Your half-in-secretly-half-out position makes you " Luke Warm "

You secrectly scorn everybody and reap benefits where you can.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Huh? Village Girl.

I have a son that is in the Music business, and a son that is DF'd?

Are you sure that you know me? I don't have any sons that are DF'd, and I am not an Elder. Not now, anyways.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Some are single because they're losers. Same in the 'world': living with your mum at 40, sitting around playing video games! Or else, single, getting older, fatter and balder thinking you will one day get an 18 year old skinny blonde pioneer sister with big boobs to marry your 40 yo flabby ass.

• hoser
    hoser

QB what's villagegirl up to?

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Oh, Hoser....

Let's not wake up that dragon lady, again.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Quite few married people are losers married to losers.

I'm single, I'm gay, I'm financially well off, I have my own property & land & now finally free of the Tower I'm in charge of my own life.............all without a nagging wife.

Life is GREAT

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I didn't mean to imply all singles are losers...some make a choice to be single and that's really cool. If you're free of wt, being older and single is often a good thing. I remember the middle age divorced empty,nesters at my old work used to have a ball traveling and enriching themselves after decades of slaving after kids. In the wt, middle age divorcees don't get to do that and are generally stuck without opportunities.

As my non Jw dad often observed, a lot of JWs are losers...sad they've been made this way by the wt.

• ranmac
    ranmac

Ive since left the world and have no desire to go back....

such as your evening of family worship.....

share in the ministry together.....

work with your family on a kingdom hall maintence projec.....

join them on a trip to a convention....

These paragraphs are nothing but the usual repititious demands and brainwashing of the borg masked as a reminder to be loving to our single brothers and sisters. All acts of charity should involve activities that benefit the religion. Disgusting.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Ha! In 6 months they will have an article warning single brothers and sisters to be wary of accepting invites from married couples that would lead to "defiling the marriage bed".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit