Un-friending JW Facebook Friends-Therapy

by nicsfreedom 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Honeybucket
    Honeybucket

I would like to say that I do have one witness on my FB. She was in my wedding and so far she hasn't deleted me or made a stink about things I say and do on FB. She lives 2000 miles away, but that doesn't mean she isn't calling up the local elders and tattling on me.

• nicsfreedom
    nicsfreedom

I really appreciate everyones inpute. I decided to not start over a new FB account for these conditional and possibly toxic friendships that will likely unfriend me anyway.

Honeybucket, I wondered if that would happen to me too. There is a part of me that is just trying to beat them to the punch. Word is getting around from where we used to live as JW's. I just unfriended a girl/women in my wedding because I did not want her going up to my parents and possibly rub their nose in it at the next assembly, not that they don't sort of deserve it...hee! They asked that my husband and I go away quitely and my father is the one who started telling people we were apostate behind my back...long story. A few JW's from our old circuit are likely going to give my family the inquisition at the next assembly. I had some JW FB spys that questioned my activity and unfriended me. My oh my!

I know I will look back at this and not care. Thats why clearing these peeps out feels great, moving on!

• ThisFellowCheap
    ThisFellowCheap

Unfriended most of my friends too when they kept barraging my parents with calls about my posts and were always getting my mother all upset. Now, I think I also have to unfriend some family members too (unfriend most of them already but kept some to avoid an info blackout) as they too keep telling my parents and all other family members about my posts, and I think I might have to ease them out too. But, my that is the most bitter pill to swallow!

• Stubborn Disbeliever
    Stubborn Disbeliever

I don't have any JW friends (my dad and brother are on my fb though...probably spy reasons, but go ahead, spy away!) on my facebook, but I do have a lot of Mormon friends. Idk that I can call any of them "friends". I have unfriended most of them, and receieved messages from them asking why I deleted them and that it hurt their feelings (they were never on, never posted, and we never talked!). But it was nice to be able to feel ok posting pictures of my cooking and not have to angle the camera right to hide the coffee pot or my sweet tea. Definitely good therapy. :)

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

One of my aunts just submitted a friend request to me a few days ago. No way I'm friending her. She's an on again off again jw who I consider to be mentally off. Plus she hangs out with my parents. Gossip gossip gossip.

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Good Choice, It sounds like you are moving on with your life and don't need those anchors dragging you into the spiritual grave!

No JW Friends for me on Facebook, I am trying to leave this mess and I do not need to hear crazy stories how "The Angels were directing our car group when we met Hobo-Kelly about to kill himself. He took a magazine and we handed him a $5 to buy a good hot meal!" No, I think I am over and it's going to be a prerequisite to keep my mind healthy, why allow them into our lives once we have left this clusterfluck?

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

UNFRIEND IS THE NEW FRIEND ON FACEBOOK!

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

JUST SAY UNFRIEND OR DON'T REPLY TO THEIR REQUESTS AS MRS JONES SAID WITH GRACE!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit