Is this the BEST pre-TITLE sequence in movie history?

by Terry 15 Replies latest social entertainment

• Terry
    Terry

This film was written by Julius Epstein who also wrote the script for CASABLANCA.

If this scene doesn't grab you---you can't be grabbed!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o347nFr2lws

You will need to MAGNIFY it to full size or you will miss the "payoff".

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

I don't know if it's the best .. but now you've got me thinking.. "what is?"

It does grab you ......I'm dying to see the whole movie now.. for sure...

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

Saw that film a long time ago. Don't remember much about the plot, but I do remember that scene!

• quincy_aka_quentin
    quincy_aka_quentin

There are two ( now three ) that I can think of, two done by Sergio Leon. Eli Wallache's "introduction" in "The Good..The Bad and The Ugly". The better of his two was the opining scene for "Once Upon A Time In The West"Jack Elam, Woody Strode and an unknown actor [ for me ] are waiting at a train station for a man [ Charles Bronson ] they intend to kill.

"Return from the Ashes" pre-title sequence is riveting. You know SOMETHING is going to happen, when it does you are caught off guard. The child's bang-bang-banging of the door draws your attention away from what follows. Also, the movie itself was Hitchcock in mood and execution.

• glenster
    glenster

Some other pre-title sequences: Patton, Paint Your Wagon, and Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

so the little boy is dead?.. right ? .. or are they looking for him the rest of the movie.. what the heck happens ??? next??

• Dagney
    Dagney

Great intro. Hopefully it's at Neflix. Thank for the suggestion.

Wonderful music, John Dankworth.

Edited to add: BTW, FYI it isn't in Netflix streaming but it is free streaming with Amazon Prime.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

That is good, no very good.

• glenster
  • poppers
    poppers

Thanks Terry. Just watched the entire movie on youtube - very good.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit