New To The Board

by MarchOn 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Liberty
    Liberty

Glad you have decided to post MarchOn!

If you haven't already done so I highly recommend reading George Orwell's "1984" and Raymond Franz's "Crisis of Conscience". These books do wonders for clearing out the Watchtower debris and guilt from your mind. "1984" is especially interesting because it isn't even directly about the Watchtower Society but reflects its evil reality perfectly as an essay on totalitarianism and its impact on the individual. Enjoy and welcome.

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Marchon, welcome. Once again you have proven that we all have our different experiences and we should accept them as is, not in light of what we think.

Guest 77

• JT
    JT

march on says:

For, those of us that walked away from the borg so long ago did not have the support system that so many enjoy these days. We were on our own. All of the tears and pain were for our minds and mouths only. The only other people to turn to were never in the borg and thus could never fully understand the impact this had on us.
    Until recently, I thought the feelings I've carried for so long now were my own

######DEEEEEEEEEEEEP!

HEY MAN

welcome ---- YOU were some of the real pioneers

I have often commented about the bro and sister like you who left only knowing that something is wrong and had no one to confirm that you were not alone or crazy

i love you man cause i can't even start to imagine the pain and hurt of being totallly isolated from anyone who would have an idea of what you went thru

for some they at least had their wife or husband for others they were literaly by themselves.

I bow down out of respect for you guys.

i have met folks who left in 1976 and it was not till 1995 or so when they got commputers where they able to find some closure to thier lives

as one bro told me everytime he saw the news or heard something bad, he thought maybe the big A is about to break - did i do the right thing. all those years of living in fear despite th fact he left wt

THE INDOCTRINATION PROCESS IS SO DEEP

and for so many thier lives upon leaving wt and not really knowing the reasons why they felt worthless , felt like they couldnt keep up,
    couldn't do enough----- weighs them down so much that they end up BECOMING THE WT POSTER CHILD

this is the jw who leaves and his or her life goes down the tube as it were and the jw will look and say see that is why you need to stick close to the org, look at John he is living on the street now,drugs, AIDS, etc

for far too many who leave and never come to understand the role that wt played in thier lives they end up becoming involved in:

Destructive behavoir or Destructive Relationships-

screwing ever woman or man they can find, drinking, doing drugs, they don't know how to pick a marriage mate cause their only ref is a man or woman who sells books on the weekend regularly or who attends all the sales meetings

now they have no idea of what to look for in a mate and esp the sisters in my esp

they have been so shelterED in wt that they many times in their desire to have companionship --will too often grab the first man who treats them well -

and when you consider that the avg sister has rarely had a bro compliment them on their dress- hair or just over all appearance , cause jw always think that if a bro says someone looks nice he must want sex( THEY ARE OBSESSED WITH SEX)

THEN smooth Harry and Leroy comes along and this sister is swept off her feet and ends up with an abusive man, not always , but all too many times

then when she has problems the wt guilt kicks in and she saY

"I'm just reaping what i sowed by marrying out of the lord"

i have spoken to so many sisters in the last 4 yrs that i have left who have found themselves wondering Did i sin by marrying this man

when the real issue was she merely was attracted to the wrong kind of man FOR HER AND HER NEEDS

so when i consider the difficult time that old timers had leaving the org my heart goes out to you guys with the most deep respect

I personally sometimes listen to those who describe the shear fear of being alone after leaving wt, and now for us to have the

NET "THANG" WE have it much easier.

well my man my hat is off to you

drop me a LINE OFF- LINE SOMETIMES

THANKS

• TheStar
    TheStar

(((((MarchOn)))))))

WELCOME! We're glad to have you with us. I have only been here a short while and in a very short time this board has helped me tremendously. We look forward to hearing from you.

Hugs,
    Star

• Nemesis
    Nemesis

Hi MarchOn, and welcome.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

MarchOn...................march on!!

HINDSIGHT IS 20/20
    PROCRASTINATION IS THE THIEF OF TIME!!

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Hello March on,

Many here like myself are just coming out. It is great to have others to talk to who have been through what you have.

I'm looking forward to your support and will do what ever I can to help others.
    Excellent!

Hey JT,

Very insightful.

Js2laws

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Welcome to the board, MarchOn.

Looking forward to hearing more from you.

j2bf

• dmouse
    dmouse

Welcome MarchOn.

It's been a long, cold time out there huh?

Kick your shoes off, sit down and warm yourself by the fire, and tell us your story.

Dean

• FreeFallin
    FreeFallin

WELCOME MarchOn

The validation you will find here is worth its weight in gold.

FreeFallin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit