How to Take Down the AAWA! (For those that have been hurt by that org)

by HintOfLime 31 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• brinjen
    brinjen

HintOfLime...

" For many people here, there isn't an "our side" vs. "their side". We've grown up to be individuals , with our own individual sides . We didn't elect Cedars as leader.. we don't need a leader period.

I do not subscribe to the idea that ExJW's can do no wrong. The AAWA is proof that ExJWs, even with good intentions - can make very bad decisions and do harm just like the WT. Put people into a mixed group, and inevitably strong voices fueled by anger speak over the softer voice of good sense."

Agree completely. Not to mention we have the freedom to call out on bad behaviour when we see it instead of blindly having to follow because of the 'they are with us' way of thinking...

• venetian
    venetian

No wonder the good on this board are leaving. Lime is as bitter and unpalatable as ever. This board likes to think of itself as somehow virtuous and good as if JWN is a place to heal, (and occasionally it is) but to be truthful, some of you are venomous shrews with a propensity to harp and crow like vultures picking over scraps. THis board shouts down those that disagree of its opinion of AAWA and isn't afraid to use the deepest personal insults whilst doing so. (Simon allows this likely because the board is reflecting his own view on AAWA). This board has been aptly compared to a peanut gallery with the likes of Lime, *lost*, Wha'happened, fizzy widget etc in the front row.

I notice Barb anderson had something to say on this matter but I bet she edited her post clear to avoid another row. I suspect she was none too pleased with the rhetoric expressed with the OP and I can't say I blame her.

I can say with this board that when it comes to reasonable discussion it can be as bitter as Lime, totally *lost*. You may well ask "wha' happened?" Probably a bad case of the Fizzy Widgets.

Eww, Nasty

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime
    No wonder the good on this board are leaving. Lime is as bitter and unpalatable as ever. This board likes to think of itself as somehow virtuous and good as if JWN is a place to heal, (and occasionally it is) but to be truthful, some of you are venomous shrews with a propensity to harp and crow like vultures picking over scraps. THis board shouts down those that disagree of its opinion of AAWA and isn't afraid to use the deepest personal insults whilst doing so. (Simon allows this likely because the board is reflecting his own view on AAWA). This board has been aptly compared to a peanut gallery with the likes of Lime, *lost*, Wha'happened, fizzy widget etc in the front row.

Wow, you make a compelling argument. Not at all emotionally charged, filled with personal attacks, or the least bit hypocritical... but rational, well-spoken, and level-headed. Let's create a bullet list of the numerous compelling points you've made with this post.

I was wrong. Let's all join a new cult with a self-appointed imaginary leader! Donate today!

- Lime

• venetian
    venetian

Wassamatter Lime? My post is a mild taste of the medicine some of your cronies have dished out to me recently. You just got some back. Go on, take one for the team.

Don't cry

I was wrong

Probably the only thing you've been right about so far.

• DilemmaGF
    DilemmaGF

So called the unity of the apostates... You guys are doing a BIG favor for the WBTS by biting and killing each other. You whinned about the JWs' judgemental traits, lack of grace and forgiveness, but hey look at yourselves now! This forum has been my favorite place to look for info & constructive discussion.

Seeing the founding of AAWA I thought at last something HUGE is happening. They screwed up, but hey, who doesn't? They have apologized and took appropriate actions, although not immediately. And I think even JWN also has some issues on privacy etc, so no one and nothing is perfect. But mocking & demonizing each other who has the same objective to bring down the WTBS and to help the JWs?? I guess you guys don't really care after all...

I would like to thank all those who commented and helped me with all my questions here. Cedars, Barb Anderson, Lady Lee, jw-facts etc, their websites have provided me with information I found so useful. I just don't think they have any evil motives via AAWA except maybe some screwing ups. Yes, some innocent ppl have become the collateral damage due to their mistakes but they have apologized and corrected their wrongs.

I wonder what effects would these threads about AAWA do to the lurking doubting JWs here?

• venetian
    venetian

DilemmaGF

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

Ok.. seeing as some people are taking this thread seriously let me drop the sarcasm for and explain:

1. The point of this thread was not to encourage people to try to take out the AAWA. That was a joke.

2. The point of this thread was that in giving the AAWA constructive feedback and voicing valid concerns, the AAWA made a huge disaster out of what should have been a 1-hour fix.

If the AAWA hadn't screwed up so bad and hurt people, then continued to make an issue out of it.. I probably wouldn't have any opinion at all about the AAWA.

If the AAWA was reasonable, and accepted reasonable suggestions like creating a public policy for privacy (and other standard best practices) - then my supposed 'plan' outlined in the OP wouldn't be effective at all. My plan only works if the AAWA let's ego get in the way of good practice.

- Lime

• venetian
    venetian

yeah...whatever.

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

I don't like the idea of making war on AAWA even if you meant it as a sarcasm, hintoflime, because AAWA is made up of people like us - bruised and battered by WT policies on shunning, their stand against higher education, mishandling of spousal abuse and child abuse and blood. lets cut AAWA a little slack.

At the same time I agree with you that there is a need for a clearly defined privacy policy to protect grassroots members of AAWA.

• *lost*
    *lost*

VENETIAN

you got something to say to me ?? let's have at it then.

As i notice you have mentioned my name and involved me into this discussion.

So here I am, you have succeeded in dragging me back into the foray of said events and succeeded in resurrecting the past. ( tiresome as it has become)

So now we are in the present, and we do not want any confusion on '' past tense'' please be so kind as to PRESENT evidence, the FACTS and PROOF of your accusations.

Then we shall all, who are involved in your accusations, have an intelligent debate and discuss the matter which is clearly grieving you, and you have issues with such.

We shall clarify and seperate the personal from the objective.

( ps; you have just done exactly the same thing above as you are complaining about )

'' people in glass houses should NOT throw stones ..... it's a costly business ''

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit