WTF just happened??? An elder I haven't seen in years stopped by to hand me a XXXXXXXX !!!

by Calebs Airplane 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• Farkel
    Farkel

This whole episode is so simple to understand:

:1st elder hands me a Garage Sale flyer

He wants you to give him some of your money. (Despite all the protestations, dubs are about the most materialistic people around.)

:the 2nd elder elder tells me to respect the organization's arrangement

He has nothing to sell you so he can't ask for your money. He wants to beat you up and feel righteous about it. This gives him a woody and for some elders that is better than money, because you can bet your ass his wife never gives him one.

That's about it!

Farkel

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

I get the strong sense that elder #1 feels badly that he didn't handle things differently with you and now that he's moving wanted to use any old excuse to break the ice one more time. He probably did it on the spur of the moment not thinking about the time on the flyer or even with the hope of you coming to his garage sale. Who knows...maybe he is having a JW crisis of his own and isn't quite far enough along in it to know it himself.

As far as elder #2's comment...what a slap in the face that must have been. I get the sense with him that he isn't sure enough about the doctrines of his own religion to face you without a wingman. Such arrogance and officiousness is a sign of weakness and fear and an indication that his motives are not based in love or concern for you as an individual. One is not being ones self when one is being officious or operating in an official capicity. It's the curse that often comes along with a position of authority. As hard as it is to do...one has to feel for these guys...cut em' some slack.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Farkel and XYZ... I think you're both on to something... thanks!

• sir82
    sir82

Oooh, I know, I know!

Elder 1 had some demonized articles for sale at his garage sale, and figured you'd be interested in them.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

or in the stack of papers were the printouts of everything you have ever said on here ot FB and he was too darn scared to use them??

he was the front man to scope you out and report back to the others, the flyer was the cover.

Oz

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

Maybe he wanted to get your finger prints on the flyer which would be then reprinted as a JC invite and now they can prove that you held it and more than likely read it.

Sneaky ones,...

NJY

• Scully
    Scully

Did you say "Sorry, I don't do garage sales. The Brothers™ are concerned about objects being Demonized™."

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

he was the front man to scope you out and report back to the others, the flyer was the cover.

This I agree with. Although it sounds as if he wasn't thrilled about doing it

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Let sleeping dogs lie....fuhget about #2

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Simon: Don't forget, many people who feel compelled to do the shunning are as much if not more uncomfortable with it as you are. It is used as a way to control and condition them as well.

In fact, it's mostly about controlling the R&F, those "still-in."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit