just arrived here...

by sylvlef 42 Replies latest jw experiences

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Bienvenue...je vis au Canada mais je parle français..

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Bienvenue sylvlef. Do many JWs ride motorcycles in France? Your interest in motorcycles may help you to make friends with more non-JWs so that you can develop non-JW friendships.

I also started studying with a JW elder because of my interest in a "Spiritually Strong" (non-thinking) JW. Luckily, what the elder and my former JW friend said about religion did not make sense to me.

Are you looking for ways to help you family and friends to critically think for themselves instead of let the WTBTS tell them how to think? If you are, I would recommend reading Steve Hassan's books (i.e., "Combatting Cult Mind Control", "Releasing the Bonds: Empowering People to Think for Themselves", and (his latest book) "Freedom of Mind: Helping Loved Ones Leave Controlling People, Cults and Beliefs"), visit his website, and/or watch his videos. I like Steve Hassan's video "Steve Hassan explains SIA method to rescue loved ones from unhealthy situations (2003)" the best in helping to understand how the WTBTS uses BITE control techniques to victimize JWs.

I hope that you continue to post on JWN so that you can vent about your frustrations with the WTBTS and your JW family and friends instead of saying something to JWs that you may regret later.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Welcome, glad you are here. I don't speak french, but my husband and I love french movies. An older one we really liked was Jean De Florette, but we have found quite a few we enjoyed.

• Brother of the Hawk
    Brother of the Hawk

Welcome. glad to have you here with us.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Welcome

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Welcome!

"So please forgive my English grammar, it might be some times...improper"

Don't worry about English grammar. Compared to the seriousness with which French grammar is policed, English grammar is nonexistant.

• Pickler
    Pickler

Welcome Syl,

i agree with Billy, don't worry about your grammar, it will probably be better than most of ours!

motorcycles you say? When I met my now husband, he had a Ducati, and it was to precious to live in a garage....so.....it lived in the living room. Next to the TV.

Sometimes he used to start it up in there too, just cause he could!

My favourite French film of all time is "The Dinner Guest"

One of the funniest films ever made.

Hope you enjoy JWN, look forward to hearing more about you.

• sylvlef
    sylvlef

Thanks for this warm welcome.

Well Abible student i have actually seen many JW loving motorcycles. To the summer conventions the 2wheels parking is for me the best place to be. But i know this is a perfect way to have non JW friends too...working on it.

of course my way as a JW is the one of a standard "born in". Parents JW, was raised in but not so much interested,only wanted to go to the meetings to meet my girl(childhood friend and neighbour...) so this is why i got baptised after she got....but she never was interested in me so i moved on and got married to a "sister" i met. Funny thing is now my childhood friend is out, inactive, and i know she has a non JW boyfriend.

so anyway 2years ago I was having issues at work, and the schedule of congrégation was too much for me. In addition to that i had to deal with pressure of elders (including my father in law) to do more in the field, more evrywhere, to be MS, etc. I freaked out one day and told my wife i did not want to be JW anymore...this is the beggining of trouble...;-) now thing get better but at the time she said that in that case we should split up. This is why since then i havé Been on forums like here and others to learn TTATT. Staying undercover in order to keep my family.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Even an ambitious Elder's daughter must get tired of the grind once in a while. I would like to see the two of you exit together.

Here's some reading to get you started:

How I helped my family leave the Jehovah's Witnesses

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Welcome. I hope things turn out for you. You will find support here.

I'm not looking for personal information, so don't feel obligated to answer with any kind of details ....

Just wondering how long you have been married and if you have children ...

I ask, and again, let it be rhetorical if you prefer, but you mentioned that there was somebody you were interested in who wasn't interested in you so you moved on ... then your wife suggested that you split up when she learned you thought about leaving the religion ... from this little bit of information, your marriage seems to be based almost entirely on the religion ... I am not suggesting getting out, but you definately have a tough road ahead of you.

Best wishes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit