Hello

by Seraphim23 46 Replies latest jw friends

• happy@last
    happy@last

Welcome

• *lost*
    *lost*

Hi and welcome.

Hopefully you can find what your looking for. There are a lot of good people here that will help you and will discuss with you many thinks.

There are some who like discussing all of the things you mentioned ( I'm one as I want to learn about these things, their origins etc, I realise how little I know .. lol much to catch up on )

• Fernando
    Fernando

As a LGBTI friendly straight person, my experience has been that JWN is very welcoming and non-judgmental.

Quite a number here are LGBTI - including believers.

Evolution is strongly supported too in significant segments of the JWN population.

From what I have seen over my short stay on JWN: watch the forum rules, impute the best to to others especially when they have misunderstood or overreacted, stay out of draining arguments, avoid the handful of hecklers/haters, stay humble, stay modest, don't seek a following, be careful about self-promotion or seeking funding for projects (a definite no-no).

You'll have a ball of a time and meet many similar persons.

I pray you meet and make many great friends.

Fernando

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

Thanks and what a great welcome from everyone. Good advice as well which is appreciated. I note that in the forum rules one cannot repost posts they have written on other sites. I have written a fair few on my own site. Can I post the link to it if I want to discuss some topic I have written? It is a completely non-commercial and free site anyway so I don’t make any money or require funding for it so there is no vested interest or agenda involved. Any advice on this?

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

One other thing I need help on and that is how do I edit my profile and choose an avatar ect. I cant seem to find the options involoved.

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

Warm welcome to you .

Most here feel the Watchtower encites intolerant religious bigotry . We try to be the opposite .

I'm Bornin into JWs in 60s .Just started waking up about a yr ago .

• flipper
    flipper

SERAPHIM- Nice to have you here ! Welcome to the board. We are here as a support to you as well as sharing information back and forth. Look forward to knowing you

• whathappened
    whathappened

Welcome.

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

welcome seraphim - it is fine to provide a link to your site to start a discussion. we like to think outside the box here so fire away

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Welcome! Glad to have you here with us.

I'm not here to judge anyone. My little brother was raised a JW but he realized he was gay. But because he came 'out', the family shunned him. He ended up committing suicide by jumping off of a 14 story building.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit