For those faking meeting attendance

by His Excellency 30 Replies latest jw friends

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith

His Excellency,

Mrs Smith and I went through the same phases. Once we were both awake we thought we'd just keep going along as though nothing had changed. That got hard and we ended up doing the arriving just before the meeting started and leaving just after the final song thing. Then even sitting there became such a drain. Its nothing personal against the people, you just realise that you have nothing in common with them. Nothing to talk about.

I stopped going altogether and then since the Memorial Mrs Smith hasn't been along either. We thought it would be an interesting test of how deep the true Christian love is in our congregation. Since we stopped going, only one person has been in touch, our best friend. The only contact we have had from an elder has been to check if we submitted our field service time.

Genuine love?

Shepherds?

Christlike?

Nope.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Winston, 2 + 2 = 4

• suavojr
    suavojr

I will keep it nice and short... It is extremely unbearable to listen to lies and pretend they are true. Let me paraphrase Ray, 'you can sit forever and not stand up for what you believe or stand up and not tolerate the deceit'

• Think About It
    Think About It

It would be somewhat different if there was some sort of uplifting worship at the JW meetings that made a person feel better for going and participating in. However, it is nothing but the droning on & on, and the expousing of current lies that will be replaced by new lies in due time. Going to the KH meetings is all about control. When you miss some meetings and they tell you, "We missed you.", they are really saying, "Where the hell have you been!"

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

"The Quiet One, l know Jesus denounced the Pharisees etc. but it was only after this baptism at an age of 30." ..... So? I don't get your point.. And didn't he question the Pharisees even when he was a boy?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Crabs in a bucket. That's how I felt in the end of my fade. Unhappy people. Happy that others were unhappy. nit picking and questioning everyone's sprirtuality. There were several sincire people, just caught up in the cult. Mostly older ones. A few helped my wife and I out when we started getting picked apart. Our crime was we were happy with each other.

• sylvlef
    sylvlef

hi Excellency.

Well. just the same:arriving late after begginig of the meeting and trying to leave just after the last song. I do not want to speak to anyone and hear "how is your service" or "w were helped by the elders today" or other stuff.although some of the people in my congrégation are humanly speaking very Nice fellows..

• Glander
    Glander

faking field service and lit placements is simple. Faking meeting attendance would require an accomplice, wouldn't it?

• krejames
    krejames

I still go to most of the meetings as i have family in. i always arrive late and leave pretty much straight after the prayer. i try to avoid gettig caught by one or two jdubs who always ask me when im going to work with them on FS (havent been out for about 8 months). i have one or two close friends still in but the whole gay thing means i prefer to be around my "worldly" friends who accept me for who i am and with whom i dont need to pretend to be someone i am not.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

My sister would fake meeting attendance like this:

You're sleeping through the KH snorefest, but it looks like you're wide awake!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit