For those faking meeting attendance

by His Excellency 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

His Excellency,

Nobody listens to me any way. So l am not interested anymore in founding an own religion. And to be objective all other religions are worse than JW. l am more disgusted by them. And it is true that there are fine people within JW. You can just fake to belive every thing or is it not OK to have doubts if you don't disturb the congregation? Then you can enjoy the company of your jw friends and relatives. l know of a brother that does that for long time now. And l think that is the smartest way to deal with the situation. In other words not to be too righteous. But also smart. Even the bible says don't be overmuch righteous.

• His Excellency
    His Excellency

Kosonen, please check your private message.

If you are in a desperate need for association, why don't you start your own group?

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

Yes I agree Quiet One, I could not handle pretending anymore than the meeting on Sunday. Even that probably has detrimental effects to my mental health. Once you are fully awake, the meetings are almost impossible to handle.

• moshe
    moshe
    l have not found any thing better for 5 years.

Perhaps you are meant to be a JW.

All religion is faith-based. You pick your poison.

If you like the idea of Armageddon destroying 99.9% of the people on earth- and only JWs will come through alive, then the KH is for you. If you like the idea that you will never see death and can live forever on earth as a perfect human, growing new teeth when the old ones wear out and never going bald, then JWs are for you. If you like having the elders decide who you can associate with, the movies you watch and clothes you wear, then JWs are for you. If you like not having to worry about helping your fellow man, volunteer for community projects, help the poor and join in the local holiday festivities, then being a JW is for you.

If you like all of this WT dogma and WT mind control and WT rules, then by all means stay in the KH, nobody will miss your absence from making the world a better place for the little children.

• His Excellency
    His Excellency

2+2=5 - We are in thesame shoes, only that my wife still believes the bullshit. I have all my relatives in and with so many extended families at the top echelon of the theocratic ladder , and while the thought of leaving is liberating but it is equally scary to loose them all for the sake of that freedom. Where do I go from here?- I don't know!!. What do I do?,- Confused!.

SOmetimes I often tell myself that I wish I had not found out the truth about the WT, but that is now over , I have read crisis of conscience and I have studied a lot about the manipulative technique of occultism and their indoctrination chemes, but it is unfortunate that there is no honorable way to leave the cult and staying in and pretending is equally nauseating!!. This is very frustrating.

• Think About It
    Think About It

Not trying to talk you out of returning, BUT......you do realize it's a cult right?

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

His Excellency,

You have PM reply.

And you want to understand what to do now. l suggest you to think about Jesus' example. He new all the false doctrines of the Pharisees and other teachers in the synagoges and at the temple. But he did nothing to it before the appointed time. He just went along. Because any way they where responsible for the teaching of God's law. And people could learn some true things. Once Jesus said: Do all what the Pharisees teach but do not according to their deeds. But he did not mean that in an absolute sense of course. ln the same way we can benefit from the WT even when it is not 100 % true. If you know something that God does not require but GB demands. Just don't burden your self with that.

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Jesus publicly denounced the Pharisees as vipers, whitewashed graves and hypocrites, he didn't sit there listening and nodding.. Just pointing that out. We like to deceive ourselves sometimes, it's easier..

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

I would only have concerns for helping your wife learn TTATT. If you can help her wake up you would probably find attempting a fade much easier.

I can imagine how difficult it would be having a wife that still believes. I didn't know at first how my wife would respond and I was stressing about how to approach the subject. I was pretty lucky that she trusted my concerns were genuine and came to the same conclusion as me. It still sucks though, we have young children and our parents are in the org but we want out.

I know how frustrating and thought consuming the whole situation is. Learning TTATT and then the turmoil that comes afterward can be one of the hardest things someone ever goes through. Take it slow, and look after your own health. Many have been able to help their partners wake up by being patient.

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

The Quiet One,

l know Jesus denounced the Pharisees etc. but it was only after this baptism at an age of 30. Before that he was "a quiet one" ordinary citizen working as a carpenter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit