For those faking meeting attendance

by His Excellency 30 Replies latest jw friends

• His Excellency
    His Excellency

For those of you who are still faking meeting attendance and field service, do you still greet the dubs after the sessions?. Because For me, I am increasingly finding it difficult to showcase any fake smile and pretend everything is allright. In fact, I'm already getting exhausted with the hypocrisy, I just have to remain in for family reasons.

And Lately, I have been leaving the kingdom hall premises just immediately after the closing prayer, as I no longer have the ability to put up a fake smile and pretend . However, Is there anyone out there who share a similar feeling and understood what I am talking about.

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

l know exactly what it feels. l then stopped to go to meetings for 4 years. l could not sit there and listen to things that l considered to be false or untrue'

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

It's difficult. The people are generally good and I believe they really love God. They are just misled. I love talking to the friends. Deep down, I am just no longer one of them. The veil has been lifted. I cannot go back to ignorance.

My plan is to tell my wife that I cannot teach this latest nu-light. It is so far out there. Not even the Disciples of Christ were the FDS, even though just a few months ago we had a specific WT study about the stewardship that all anointed Christians have! Now you can use that WT for cage-liner.

I am hoping beyond hope, that she will wake up.. I know exactly how you feel.

Peace,

DD

• His Excellency
    His Excellency

kosonen, were you in Finland when you decided to leave?

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

But now l have decided to get back there. l have seen that there are no better alternatives any way. So the best thing l think is to ignore things we don't like. And not to expect perfection in anything. And l really mean anything. The problem we have is that we have heard that we live in a spiritual paradise, we are in the truth we are the true religion we will be happy it we do all what the GB says because it is as if Jehovah spoke himself.

And when we realize that it is not exactly like that we feel hurt, decieved, angry. The words does not match the reality. And we are ready to throw it all in to a garbage bin. But is that wise? Take un illustration: You buy the best available car in the world. But the salesman promises you twice as much when you buy it. And after you bought it you discover that the car was not that good as you were promised. But it is still the best car in the world. Would not you keep the car till a better care appears?

That's why l want to get reinstated. l have not found any thing better for 5 years. So l just have to be content or l will lose even more.

'

l

'

• His Excellency
    His Excellency

Kosonen, It is strange that you are seeking reinstatement after knowing all you have known, Does the fact that you haven't found something better suggests that you return to a place that is completely messed up with lies and cramped with people who are constatntly being brainshwashed and guilt trapped with armaggedon?.

Man, you had an advantage and try to build on it, You already left and you are probably off their radar, so why not just leave for good and try to find something else in the outside world. I wonder how you would be able to cope after knowing The truth about the truth.

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

His Excellency,

Your question about Finland. Well l will keep it secret. l want to continue to be active at forums for Jehovah God's sake. To help his people not to stumble and completely lose faith in Him, His word and His promises.

l hope l will not be caught for posting here. I would like to be able to post on such forums and in the same time be active in the congregation. I want to try and see if it will work.

• His Excellency
    His Excellency

Hi Kosonen, CHeck your PM,

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Kosonen, what you decide to do isn't any of my business..But I hope that you can still remember, after 5 years, exactly how it feels to have to put on an act.. To sit next to your 'friends' in a windowless building listening to guilt/fear-inducing nonsense for hours on end, and then feigning enthusiasm or belief in conversation, plastering a fake smile to your face time and time again whilst trying not to scream or react even slightly to every idiotic and prejudiced thing people say about those in the world/Satans system etc.. And every time you die a little more instead. One day you might wake up and realise that you have become an automaton, a robotic people-pleaser with no real joy or satisfaction in life. Or maybe I'm just venting and you'll get by, maybe you need those connections/something to fill an otherwise meaningless and empty life.. I hope that you find contentment either way. (sincerely)

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

It's hard, I can relate to your feelings.

I usually head for the door straight after the closing prayer. Like DD said, the majority of JWs are good people who are just captives of a concept. I don't have any problem with the bros or sisters, but find it hard to pretend that I like being there.

I try to arrive just on time and leave straight away. My wife is awake and we are in aggressive fade mode, because we can't do this forever. The family will just have to accept our position whenever it is that we finally stop attending, that is if I don't get DF'd before then.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit