Lot's of talk on the July Watchtower?

by noonehome 55 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry

Imagine being a math professor and going before your students and telling the the exciting news that

Multiplication isn't transitive any longer (i.e. 4 X 5 =20 but 5 X 4=17).

Wouldn't they be excited to be in the "only true" mathematics class?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I know I'll just get a blank stare from wifey so I'm not going to bother. My last conversation with a so called friend left me with a migraine. In the end it doesn't matter since most JW's don't get or understand the changes

• St George of England
    St George of England

An elder in my congregation e-mailed me to tell me the WT on-line was released early. No one else has made any comment even though the magazines were distributed at the KH last week.

I asked an MS what he thought of the magazine and he told me he never reads the study WT until the week of the actual WT study so it will be September before he looks at it.

I never hear anyone talk about 'spiritual' matters in my congregation; it's really more of a social club.

George

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

most jw's are more concerned with where they are going to eat after the meeting. they could write that the faithful slave is actually dog doo, and it would zoom past post of them.

• BroMac
    BroMac

@Splash, almost, 1914 stays, but the link between 1914-1918 3½yrs = Jesus 3½yrs inspection and "cleansing of the temple" followed by the appointment of the FDS over all the masters earthly kingdom possesions has now done been away with. Instead Jesus inspected & chose in 1919 ONLY. But he did not make any appointment over his belongings, but only to supply food at the proper time to the domectics which now include those who are not Annointed.

• BroMac
    BroMac

which begs the question, what mandate do the GB/FDS have to act as the 'owner' / 'master' of their fellow slaves? it seems to me to be going over and above the masters' original request, which was to FEED, No more authority was given to do anything else.

• Splash
    Splash

Here, I found the references:

OLD:

w04 3/1 p. 14 par. 8 'The Faithful Slave' Passes the Test!

In 1918, Jesus, “the messenger of the covenant,” had come to Jehovah’s spiritual temple to inspect and cleanse God’s congregation.

NEW:

w13 15/7 p.11 par. 6

To settle that question, Jesus began to inspect the spiritual temple in 1914.

Another new idea introduced is that Russell was the modern day John the Baptiser.

Splash

• wasblind
    wasblind

EXAMPLE: ( Not a real event that happened )

PUB : Hello WUZ, Haven't seen you in awhile so I thought I'd stop by and place a magazine for you to read

WUZ: Thanks, I'm glad you did . I have a question. Remember what you told me about 1914 ? It's been a 100 years scince 1914

and it's believed that those who saw the start in 1914 would be the ones who saw the end of this system

PUB: Oh. That's old Lite . We have noo Lite now

WUZ: But isn't that a false prophecy that didn't come true?

PUB : No, because we changed it. We don't claim to be inspired, we jus' print stuff

Noo Lite means that old stuff published by the WTS is no longer " The truth "

and can now be considered apostate material because it's fodder for those who choose to use it against us

to make the claim that we are false prophets

• Think About It
    Think About It

It's amazing.....all the books and Watchtower pages printed promoting old doctrines & ideas as "the Truth", and all they are now is old light BS. If these Watchtower clowns have been completely wrong for over 100 years now, why do the sheep think that all of a sudden the current WTS GB is going to get it right?

This religion is nothing more than a religious publishing corporation, Governing Body CEO worshipping cult.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

BOC: It's almost like she thinks its apostate literature or something!

Funny comment. Of course it would be labelled "apostate thinking" if anyone else came up with these ideas!

Terry: Imagine being a math professor and going before your students and telling the the exciting news that. Multiplication isn't transitive any longer (i.e. 4 X 5 =20 but 5 X 4=17).

Great point. Just to be accurate though, what you are describing is actually called the commutative property of addition and multiplication.

The transitive property of math is: a = b, b = c, so a = c. But whatever you call it, the point is the same.

In George Orwell's dystopian masterpiece, Nineteen Eighty-Four, the main character, Winston Smith, is subjected to a prolonged, systematic beatings and psychologically draining interrogation. Smith is tortured and manipulated until his perceptions become whatever the Party demands he should see, for example: 2 + 2 = 5.

In JW-land, the GB systematically manipulates the R&F to accept that 2 + 2 = Listen, Obey and Be Blessed for we are the FDS.

It doesn't have to make sense, you just have to believe it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit