Men are Like............

by Solace 23 Replies latest social humour

• teejay
    teejay

Teejay's post teases about the difference in natures and ways of thinking. Yours is about personal inadequacy.

I could not agree more, Comf. That’s why I liked what my sister sent me so much.

Heaven’s post typifies most of the men bashing emails I get. They all seem to say that “Men are inadequate” in satisfying women. That’s always the bottom line. Do men have needs? Thoughts? Wants? Desires? Who cares?!!!!!!! Doesn’t matter! How they 'serve' women is what does.

Let’s see, since Heaven’s post is exactly the same as the one my never-married 42-yr old sister usually sends me, let’s have a look...

Men

*aren’t very bright

*irritate the sh*t out of you.

*aren’t hard enough

*can’t be changed

*After getting laid, they take a long time to get hard (it’s the way he’s made but it’s STILL his fault)

* You cant believe a word they say (iow, are liars – unlike women, who are paragons of truth)

* They take so long to mature (are less mature than women)

Need I go on?

Thanks, Heaven, for proving my point.

And Comf - for the backup.

• Xena
    Xena

Can't agree with you there Lilacs...Men and Women just don't think the same...they can get close sometimes..but no just not the same...and that is what makes it all so great when you find a man you click with...it's special then

• Xena
    Xena

<-------confused look.....

That’s always the bottom line. Do men have needs? Thoughts? Wants? Desires? Who cares?!!!!!!! Doesn’t matter! How they 'serve' women is what does.
    uuummmmm and your point is???????
  • Xena
    Xena

ROFL actually a blank look since my face isn't even there...

• bitter mango
    bitter mango

((comf)) i wasn't directing my last post at you! i was just joking around. but to make you feel betters, here ya go :

WOMEN are like

...the stock market
    They're irrational and can bankrupt you if you're not careful.

...computers
    They take too long to warm up and a better model always comes along once you've already got one.

...Saran Wrap
    Useful but clingy.

...horses
    Fun to pet and ride but a pain to feed and clean up after.

...parking meters
    If you don't feed them with enough money you face serious consequences.

...fax machines
    Useful for one very specific purpose but otherwise just high-maintenance paperweights.

...political campaign contributors
    If you let them talk about themselves long enough you wind up in bed with them.

...refrigerators
    They're always cold and never seem to have a beer when you need one.

...blue jeans
    They look good for a while but eventually they fade and have to be replaced.

...country western songs
    They're annoying, they all sound alike, but if you really listen to them you'll get depressed and drink a lot.

even after everything
    you're the queen and i'm the king
    nothing else means anything

• Solace
    Solace

COMF & teejay,

IM ONLY SAYING THIS ONCE MORE,

THIS IS A JOKE!!!!

I DO NOT FEEL THIS WAY ABOUT MEN.

Obvoiusly if I thought my man was like this, we would not be happily married for going on 14 years. As a matter of fact, hes exactly the opposite on every topic. Well, except we arent rich, I would never want to change him and he would never tell me what to do.

Im truly sorry if I offended you.
    Please forgive.
    I also thought your post was a riot.

mango,
    Xena,
    Lilacs,

Ya'll are so sweet.

I just love ya' to pieces.....

• COMF
    COMF

You didn't offend me, Heaven. Even the stuff you posted didn't offend me. I just didn't find it funny. As I pointed out, the focus is on personal and collective inadequacy. As a positive-thinking person, I don't find derogatory blanket categorizations of either gender entertaining. It's just a humorless to me when I read "jokes" that assume or assert inadequacy in all women.

If you think it's funny, fine. I expressed my view. That's all it was: my view.

COMF

• LDH
    LDH

Although toungue in cheek, TJs post still characterizes women as whiny little brats that need to be placated and reassured every five minutes,or they will make your life a living hell.

If that's not being inadequate, I don't know what is.

• Introspection
    Introspection

Am I the only one who sees any similarities between threads like this and shows like Battlebots?

• avengers
    avengers
    don't forget Rocky and BullWinkle

I kind of like Yogi Bear & Booboo.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit