Bethel Speaker- get rid of Facebook!

by Kensho 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

All of this will be followed by an announcement in six months (or sooner)...

"Jehoover has provided us with so many blessings... we are establishing our very own Facebook account - to be used for theocratic purposes only..."

...or some such drivel. To which, all will swoon at the almighty guidance and knowledge of those in power... the great and powerful Oz.

Seriously though, they are going to realize that Facebook is a tool that can be used to help them - and will probably have a 'closed' account that they only allow elders to join, where they can dispense the latest drivel and announcements, etc.

But... they will still admonish the 'flock' to not be on the internet, or have Facebook accounts. (The usual 'do as we say, not as we do' type of stuff.)

Regards,

Jim TX

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Should have replied they were practising their farming skills and thus preparing for the paradise earth.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

well as we have recently witnessed, it's easy to get outted on Facebook. So patrolling the website should be easy. All it will do is send the thinkers underground

• I quit!
    I quit!

The nosey elder was right about one thing witnesses don't talk much Jehovah crap on facebook if they have non JW friends on it. I guess being JWs at this assembly especial it didn't bother them that this guy was nosing around his family members fb accounts. Did he ask at least ask their permission before doing his snooping? He should be told to join facebook and friend the people whose conversations he is interested in instead of eavesdropping on them. That just good manners.

I don't think it is easy to be witness on facebook. They have to worry about what goofy jw things they, or their witness friends say that would expose how really weird their beliefs are. They also have to worry about what they, or their non jw friends say that would cause their jw friends to report them to the elder.

• finally awake
    finally awake

I checked all the local dubs - everyone still has active facebook accounts as far as I can see. Maybe the locals missed that point on the SAD

• tornapart
    tornapart

I've got a 7/1 ratio of non-JW to JW. So far more are not JWs on my list. I keep my JW friends in a separate list. I love my non JW friends, most of them are wonderful people, I've collected them over several years and some I've got to know really well, meeting quite a lot of them over the years and having lots of fun. I don't know what I'd do without it and I never 'obeyed' directions to not have it, to not make 'worldly' friends. I'm old enough and mature enough to be able to choose my own friends without anyone else's say so. Makes my blood boil! (always has!.... maybe that's why I'm here now.. LOL)

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

the council won't hold water. I remember the council against VCR's, and the internet iteself. The WT used, and uses them extensively. I also heard no to Sci Fi movies.

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

i once through an album away after a talk on unscriptural music.

later, i regreted it and went out and brought another one.

• trujw
    trujw

God these men are retards once in the 80s we had a local needs talk on cuting men's hair to short on the sides while the top was long. Honestly even at 11 at the time it got me thinking how that religion was nonsense. How can adults bye into that stupid sh$$.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Only off topic...a tiny bit...

I don't remember how many years ago...5...10, that mention was made that you should really consider not having a dog. They take up a lot of your time, that could be put to better use, in theocratic activities. How stupid and unkind is that?

Just Lois

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit