Bethel Speaker- get rid of Facebook!

by Kensho 43 Replies latest jw friends

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Well one thing for sure, Technology scares the GB

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

There may be good reason to axe Facebook (privacy, for instance), but because the hounder-hounder says so is not one of them. If you feel Facebook is not respecting your privacy and they snake-fixed the issue too many times, by all means ditch them or refuse to open an account there. Or, you could find another social network (MySpace is another network that was big before Facebook stole the idea). Either way, you alone should decide without assistance from the hounders whether you have an account, and if so, what you do while there.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

The reason the religion hates Facebook is because you can contact people you haven't seen in a lifetime and it is done in the privacy of your own home. Therefore, they can't control or know WHO you associate with!

I have reconnected with childhood friends, schoolmates, relatives and even an ex-JW or two that I used to be friends with. I then found out the REAL reasons they are out of the religion.

As others have pointed out, Facebook has disappointed many with their callous disregard of your privacy.

I have unfriended just about all active JWs, and don't post anything I wouldn't want the world to see.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I seriously doubt many will get rid of Facebook. That is like saying people should give up phones, because some people spend too much time talking on the phone and some people use the phone to arrange to do bad things. The same things were said about the internet in general twenty years ago, but it didn't stop any dubs from getting a computer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit