My experience today

by leaving_quietly 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

good stuff ablebodiedman, keep it coming.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

LQ, I fear for your happiness.

You say, " my wife is very fragile emotionally..." Let me rhetorically ask (in other words, don't answer this) if her condition is REALLY so delicate and has been confirmed by psychiatrists and/or neurologists to be the result of some organic deficiency OR if this "fragility" is simply a role she plays to manipulate you. If she appears to be an oh-so-delicate-shrinking-violet then YOU will have to do things for her and not complain, for she has become your burden to bear.

If she does have some real organic deficiencies, you have my sympathy but I still wonder if coddling her is going to make her stronger.

Some asshole elder will pronounce you a "spiritual threat" and you will be wondering what the hell just happened.

I hope for your sake you are well and strong; you may soon be tested.

• Ding
    Ding

I would recommend going slowly.

Sometimes when we see an opening to discuss TTATT, we jump in with both feet and our friends or loved ones aren't ready for that, can't handle it, etc.

Proceeding slowly usually gets the best results.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

They came out and said they have not yet been appointed over all of Christs' belongings, which the OM book said is the number one reason we *should* trust them.

Brilliant. I had not put that together on my own because I don't bother with what they write anymore. Still, brilliant.

• TJ Curioso
    TJ Curioso

leaving quietly You said:

"During the course of the conversation, she said all the things that one would expect. At one point, she said, "You have to wait on Jehovah to clarify things, and some things may not ever be clarified this side of Armageddon." Then, she proceeded to say that we'll have a new Bible in the new system. I said: "What are you talking about?" She said, "The new scrolls." My jaw dropped a little, then I said, "You mean scroll." She started to get upset with me. I said, "Hey... it was one of my research projects. There's no such thing as 'new scrolls'. It's not in the Bible at all." She didn't want to hear that one bit, and I didn't proceed with explaining what the scroll was actually about."

Can You explain me about this?

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

@Nathan Natas, first, welcome back! Second, I know you asked rhetorically, but I'll respond anyway... yes, she is fragile emotionally, diagnosed by a medical doctor many years ago with more than one form of depression and anxiety. Coddling is necessary, I believe. To be sure, I've spent the better part of the last year mentally preparing myself for a possible eventuality of having to deal with elders. I hope it doesn't happen, but I think it will in one form or another sooner or later. I certainly won't initiate it, but I will deal with it, if it happens.

@Ding, no worries... I don't plan on saying much to her or anyone else. I'm here on this forum because it's the only place I can openly vent. It's kinda therapeutic, to a degree. I don't agree with everything said on here, but there is definitely a wealth of knowledge here that is hard to beat anywhere. Not all of it is accurate, and that's okay. Some of it is spiteful, and that's understandable. But it's a place to come, listen, observe, get a different perspective, etc.

@TJ Curioso, w10 4/15 p. 11 par 17 says this: "How will Jehovah use his holy spirit in the coming new world? That spirit will be the force behind the new scrolls that will be opened at that time. (Rev. 20:12) What will these contain? Evidently, Jehovah’s detailed requirements for us during the thousand years. Do you look forward to examining the contents of those scrolls? With eager anticipation, we await that new world. We cannot begin to imagine what it will be like to be living at that blessed time when Jehovah will use his holy spirit to fulfill his purpose for the earth and humankind upon it."

What does Rev 20:12 say?

"And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and scrolls were opened. But another scroll was opened; it is the scroll of life. And the dead were judged out of those things written in the scrolls according to their deeds."

The phrase "new scrolls" isn't there. In fact, that phrase is not found in the Bible at all. There are scrolls open, and one other scroll, the scroll of life (which is the "scroll" I was referring to when my wife and I were talking.) What's in them? Don't know, but the last sentence of verse 12 says the dead were judged out of those things written in the scrolls according to their deeds. The entire context of that part of Rev 20 is about the judgement of the dead and has nothing to do with requirements for live during the thousand years. In addition, all this occurs after the thousand years have ended (Rev 20:7 sets the stage as to the timing, since it says "Now as soon as the thousand years have been ended, Satan will be let loose out of his prison") so it being requirements for living during the thousand years when they aren't even open until after the thousand years makes no sense.

• TJ Curioso
    TJ Curioso

leaving quietly thanks for the explanation.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

leaving_quietly: she hinted that the marriage did indeed depend on me being a good little witness boy.

Nice: emotional blackmail is a great way to ensure intimacy in a marriage.

Don't be too hard on her. She's just running her WT 2.0 software

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

"That's worth documenting. It sounds like the beginning of more emotional abuse she'll bring up if you dare to even question a word published in WT litteratrash."

Billy is right. I had a couple of casual conversations like this with my wife. It was the beginning of the end of our marriage. And it was the beginning of the planning of her exit strategy. She claims "mental and emotional anguish". Problem is....."mental and emotional anguish" is merely the result of her being unable to support her own beliefs.

In fact, the next time you feel another discussion coming on.......record it

• *lost*
    *lost*

Hi L Q - feel for you. mental and emotional illness are a minefield.

NOT saying anyone should do the following, but - purely for the sake of discussion, as they are some great minds on here .

Has anyone ever thought of or tried tough love ? Putting them on the spot.

By turning the tables. Pack your bag, stand there and say '' I'm sorry I just can't live like this anymore. I don't feel that you love me, I don't feel that you value me, I feel you value the org (not God) more than me. I cannot even have discussions with you about God and the Bible, you won't let me. This is having a negative impact on my spiritually, If I stay with you I am putting myself in spiritual danger. ''

If she begs you to stay and will then talk to you about things, at least you know she truly loves you and it's worth trying.

If not - well, you won't waste any more of your life living a lie and will avoid all the wars to come.

NOT saying anyone should do this obviously as every one's situation is different. But what are your thoughts guys ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit