They just won't stop

by Anony Mous 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

So ~2 years ago I left the JW cult, I had an exit talk with the elders with the reasons why and they couldn't find a reason to DF me. Been happy ever since even though I went through a difficult custody and now divorce proceedings. Now all of a sudden they want to DF me. Been invited twice to a JC meeting, progression of the events:

- Two 'elders' came up to me when I was dropping my child off at her mother's house. They had been staking out the place apparently. I said I was not interested.

- They sent me a registered letter. The senders' name was obfuscated and the address was wrong so it appeared to come from the City Court ZIP code while the congregation and the elders are in another part of town so I didn't know when I had to go pick it up. I didn't respond and didn't sign for it with my name, simply signed with a dash. The letter said I have been called on the grounds of "loose conduct".

- They tried calling me yesterday. I sent a brief text message that they could not talk to me on the phone but to send me a text or e-mail.

- They sent me a text message back asking if I wanted to talk with them or if they could come to my house.

- I sent this message back: If there is anything really important that you need to tell me, put it in writing. If it concerns the divorce or custody, please address it to my lawyer. If you are contacting me in name of the publishing corporation, please be aware that all contact has been recorded and any further harassment will result in legal action to your personal assets especially if it can be construed that I have been defamed by your or anyone related to the corporation's actions or statements.

Now I'm waiting to contact me again so I can go get a restraining order against the congregation elders.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

You have been way too nice and way too patient.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

There is a letter that's been used by several here, warning the elders of a lawsuit against them personally. I hear it made most back off. Try the search feature, I can't remember who posted it

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Nice work. Their letter didn't work because they don't really know if you got it.

I've read a few stories on here, as you probably have too, that the best thing to do is target them personally. Not that most of them have two nickels to rub together but they sure as shit don't want to be hung out to dry in court on their own. They know the WTBTS ain't gonna come riding in with a lawyer for them.

Hopefully this ends it.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

The doc bob letter:

http://www.docbob.org/wordpress/letter-2

I'd try the restraining order first, I think there is another poster who successfully did that.

• Slavenomore
    Slavenomore

Isn't there a point in the elder book where a person who no longer Is seen as a JW by the general community and who has long since associated with the Congo it is not necessary to go after them with a JC (witchhunt) if wrong doing by that person has been heard? So the question why now after all that time elapsed?

Slavenomore

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Because some elders think way too much of themselves, imagining themselves as Jehu, ready to kill off all the Baal worshipers. It's both entertaining, and shocking, what some elders will do to df someone

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

You've been officially summoned to a Judicial Meeting. By forming a JC, they believe they have the evidence to DF you (2 witnesses or circumstantial). If you do not comply with the demand to attend, be prepared to be DFd in absentia.

Doc

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

doc, he signed the letter with a dash, an insightful move - they have no proof he actually got it. By not putting his name on it the elders were probably sitting in a circle once the receipt was returned saying - "What do we do now......uhhhhhhh call legal?"

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

WH: Because some elders think way too much of themselves, imagining themselves as Jehu, ready to kill off all the Baal worshipers. It's both entertaining, and shocking, what some elders will do to df someone

Yeah, it's pretty weird the way some elders won't just leave people alone. They ignore people wanting help and stalk people that just want to get on with their life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit