Having children is bad

by dissonance_resolved 41 Replies latest jw friends

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

The WT mantra never ends, they just don't get it:

"Would it be scripturally proper for them to marry and begin to rear children? No, is the answer, which is supported by the scriptures....I will be far better to be unhampered and without burdens, that they may do the Lords will now, as the Lord commands, and also be without hindrance during Armageddon. … Those... who now contemplate marriage, it would seem, would do better if they wait a few years, until the fiery storm of Armageddon is gone." (Face the Facts, 1938, p. 46, 47, 50)

"If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things. Why not? Because all the evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years. Of the generation that observed the beginning of the "last days" in 1914, Jesus foretold: "This generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur."-Matt. 24:34. Therefore, as a young person, you will never fulfill any career that this system offers. If you are in highschool and thinking about a college education, it means at least four, perhaps even six or eight more years to graduate into a specialized career. But where will this system of things be by that time? It will be well on the way toward its finish, if not actually gone!"Awake!1969 May 22 p.15

"Today there is a great crowd of people who are confident that a destruction of even greater magnitude is now imminent. The evidence is that Jesus' prophecy will shortly have a major fulfilment, upon this entire system of things. This has been a major factor in influencing many couples to decide not to have children at this time." Awake!1974 Nov 8 p.11

• Joliette
    Joliette

I know when I was little, I knew I heard the brothers say it was best not to have children and this was in the 80's. My parents constantly say it. (But they looooooooooooove being grandparents) Now the faithful and discreet slave says thats its a conscience desicion. The watchtower covers up their history.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit