Having children is bad

by dissonance_resolved 41 Replies latest jw friends

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

I remember the talk given at the District Convention back in 1987 when I was baptised at the age of 19 entitled "Childrearing In The Time of The End" and now many people who were not even born back then are grown and have children of their own. I wonder how people who have been in that cult for so many years can keep a straight face when they hear this shit over and over.

LRG

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

littlerockguy-That talk was just awful! I felt so sorry for all the pregnant sisters in the audience.

• prologos
    prologos

for generations overlapping backward into the past the wt mantra was: do not marry, if you marry dont have kids (they, or friends, put special pioneers in touch with free condom services for the poor). if you have kids, dont educate them because :

the end is ever nearer, and when it comes it will be terrible. true;

Jesus warned about the flight in the wintertime (with no de-icing service) but:

Paul in 2 Thess. 1: 6-10 has recorded that the Tribulation will suffered by only the opposers, unfaithful worldly. not christians.

BSW: The GT will be like the flood according to Jesus, Peter. How many single people survived that miraculous water rising? The three young couples did not have children, because in those day the youngest father clocked in at 120 years old, so they could not have kids perhaps even if they wanted too., not because the end was near, and to keep the ark diaper free.

for what its worth.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Dissonance: I was thinking the same thing this week--not only bashing having children but glorifying those that stay single.

Littlerock guy: I remember that talk in 1987. I can still hear the booming voice of the speaker howling about"responsible procreation". I was married soon after and hubby and I decided that we weren't going to have any kids. I almost didn't . I am so grateful that 'accidents' happen or else we would be childless.

• dissonance_resolved
    dissonance_resolved

Tater-T, that picture is adorable!

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

1987 i was in pittsburgh, the speaker started out by saying armegeddon is'nt aroound the corner anymore it is staring us in the face!

well that's one council most people did'nt heed . you take out the 2nd and third generation kids our congregation would be about 25 publishers.

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

So let me understand this. This weeks study gave the Ill. of the Jew's eating their children becuase things was really bad. So are they saying if we have children we need to worry that we may eat them if things get really bad? Same old bull sh__ from the WT. They been telling JW since WWII not to have children not to get married, don't do this, don't do that. I remember the hate talks the WT gave on children when I was a child and how that made the adults treat us kids like we were crap. It's a cult people. Totally ADD

• Scott77
    Scott77

"If you have children then they can be in line for your estate when you finally die. The corporation doesn't like that."
    hoser

Wow, very interesting comment. It may be true. Rich JW seniors with no children are special target for the Watchtower's will writting and signing program .

Scott77

• Gayle
    Gayle

A religion without children is a dead-end religion. Sure, if people don't personally want children, fine, but that should never be imposed upon, not by an organization. Yes, having children and raising them is a full-time 'ministry' onto itself, and those children should not be imposed upon to near skip their childhood and raised to be little adults (suit & tie life) for a cult.

I heard this all the time in the '70s. My first was born end of '74. I remember fearing when I got pregnant. I was so very happy, yet there was that fear/concern about the great persecution breaking out any time then. Well, I am a grandmother now and having my children and now having grandchildren is such a joy to my life and pride.

The organization warped in so ways.

• hoser
    hoser

"If you have children then they can be in line for your estate when you finally die. The corporation doesn't like that."
    hoser

Wow, very interesting comment. It may be true. Rich JW seniors with no children are special targe for the Watchtower's will writting and signing program .

Scott77

they go after the estates of rich jw's that have children too!

hoser

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit