Achieving Reinstatement and then immediately fading

by Tylinbrando 17 Replies latest jw friends

• etna
    etna

My wife got reinstated so she could see her kids and grandkids, and just stopped going. The elder that went after her in her old cong didn't want to reinstate her. When she did get reinstated, I rang him up and let it rip. His son had been going to prostitutes and someone saw him and then he confessed and they only privately reproved him, so I let him have it and said if he ever spoke about or against my wife again he would answer to me. You know, once they have no power over you, you don't realise how liberated you are and how insignificant they are....

Etna

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

I have heard of it too. The only problem is.....when a person does that.....the Watchtower is still exercising an element of control over him/her. Can't be caught celebrating your birthday. Can't be caught decorating for holidays. Etc. Many aspects of life must still be lived under the cloak of the Watchtower. Then again.....perhaps it is the lesser of two evils when compared with having one's family held hostage.

What a sick cult

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I knew of cases like that when I was an elder - it is not uncommon. Also, some get reinstated and do function for a while but after a few months they disappear.

So much for "Spirit Directed " decisions........Elders can only go on what they see and hear

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I recall about 20 years ago we had a family move into our congregation. The father was df'd. He and his wife and 3 children attended every meeting, week after week, for about 4 years. She and the kids were very friendly and outgoing. They attended the meetings more regularly than just about anyone else.

Many wondered why he was not reinstated. Privately, several elders just said that he had never asked to be reinstated. Finally, after about 4 years of being shunned, he was reinstated.

They came to the meeting the following Sunday and then the fade began. You would see him maybe twice a month, after about 4 months, he was gone. Not totally (he would still come to the Memorial and when the CO came) but basically he got reinstated and then left.

Rub a Dub

• Splash
    Splash

It's happened in my cong just this year.

A brother came back to the meetings with his family. He got reinstated last year.

This year the whole family have faded.

Splash

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    slipboyfat - "The elders felt duped and were angry when she just stopped meetings as soon as she was reinstated. Years later the same body of elders somehow managed to arrange it that she was disfellowshipped again at her new location where she was living with a man, despite the fact she had never been at a single meeting in the new place."

Yeah, something similar happened to a friend of mine.

I imagine some of the more authoritarian and/or witch-huntery ones are a bit more nose-open for that sort of thing since that one XJW lady a few years back who got reinstated to go undercover at her old KH for the sole purpose of slowly but surely getting her daughter out... and then published a book about it.

What the hell was her name again...?

• sir82
    sir82

The elders felt duped and were angry when she just stopped meetings as soon as she was reinstated. ...

Elders can be vindictive when they think they have been fooled into reinstating someone.

Yep.

There is quite often a desire for "revenge".

Elders have a "rulebook" of sorts with DF guidelines. Whenever someone figures out how to play the game according to the rulebook, they can pretty easily slip one over on the elders, who generally "ain't the sharpest tools in the shed".

This is the numero uno reason why the WTS goes to such great pains to keep the elder manual secret from the R&F.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    sir82 - "This is the numero uno reason why the WTS goes to such great pains to keep the elder manual secret from the R&F."

Huh, never thought of that.

Best explanation I've heard yet, though; makes a lot of sense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit