Achieving Reinstatement and then immediately fading

by Tylinbrando 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

Over the past 8 months or so three people I have known since childhood have accomplished a goal of reinstatement back into their congregations after many years of being disfellowshipped primarily so that they could gain their JW family members back and do away with the condemnation of onlookers judging those family members and the contact they have had during those years of being disfellowshipped.

All of these newly reinstated ones immediately began a proper fade. No meetings, no service, nada.

Is this happening everywhere and regularly?

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

yep, more than we think.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I know a sister who did this, then moved hundreds of miles away and started a new life. She wanted to be reinstated just to keep in touch with family, that was it. The elders felt duped and were angry when she just stopped meetings as soon as she was reinstated. Years later the same body of elders somehow managed to arrange it that she was disfellowshipped again at her new location where she was living with a man, despite the fact she had never been at a single meeting in the new place. I am not sure of all the details of the story, but that's the broad outline. Elders can be vindictive when they think they have been fooled into reinstating someone. Generally the attitude among other Witnesses was that she got what she derserved in the long run.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

The elders felt duped and were angry when she just stopped meetings as soon as she was reinstated. ... Elders can be vindictive when they think they have been fooled into reinstating someone.

They should be upset. Holy Spirit let them down.

Cognitive Dissonance is a bitch.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

I have seen it happen since I was a child. i don't know if it is exactly by design. I think they may just be what one would call "weak in the faith", and not want to lose their family.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

exactly what I did although I faded immediately after my appeal.

• Dagney
    Dagney

I also think that is why the WT is now advising the congregation to treat those who don't attend meetings or are inactive like a DF'd person, no contact. Faders are increasing and they know it and the WT is trying to stay in control with fear and intimidation, in the name of love of course.

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

I understand now why my family and our elders are shunning me then. Even if you're just inactive, you're still an evil apostate.

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

I also think that is why the WT is now advising the congregation to treat those who don't attend meetings or are inactive like a DF'd person, no contact. Faders are increasing and they know it and the WT is trying to stay in control with fear and intimidation, in the name of love of course.

Dagney, there are many talks given on "marking" and the subject certainly calls out irregular and innactive ones. But it has been that way as long as I can remember. I still remember "innactive" ones by name and face from my youth!

It goes both ways depending on the JW acting on the information. I have active JWs that treat me normal and as if nothing has changed and I have JWs that literally run away with a look of terror on their face. Damnest thing.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Dagney - "I also think that is why the WT is now advising the congregation to treat those who don't attend meetings or are inactive like a DF'd person, no contact. Faders are increasing and they know it..."

Nailed it, as far as I'm concerned.

I've personally heard the "drawing away" aspect of apostacy being directly compared to JWs who were missing meetings and/or inactive.

Funny; back in the day, these people were viewed as spiritually weak and needing extra TLC from the congregation...

...now they're being subtly threatened with the "apostate" label.

Anyone reminded of the phrase "the beatings will continue until morale improves"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit